Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

I used these files. I cannot authenticate. I get a “You must accept the End User Licensing Agreemnt (EULA).” from Honeywell but it gives me nowhere to do that

Any ideas?

Did you set up an account with Honeywell Developers per the following post?

I believe that’s where you accept the license…although it’s been a couple of months now since I set up mine and can’t be sure that’s where I did it.

I’m having the same issue. Were you able to get this sorted out?

Is anyone on the latest (84.2) hass version and all still working? I’m on 82.1 all works however I have below in the logs:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/oauthlib/oauth2/rfc6749/parameters.py", line 389, in validate_token_parameters
raise MissingTokenError(description="Missing access token parameter.")
oauthlib.oauth2.rfc6749.errors.MissingTokenError: (missing_token) Missing access token parameter.
2018-12-16 04:11:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for climate.thermostat fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests_oauthlib/oauth2_session.py", line 330, in request
http_method=method, body=data, headers=headers)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/oauthlib/oauth2/rfc6749/clients/base.py", line 196, in add_token
raise TokenExpiredError()
oauthlib.oauth2.rfc6749.errors.TokenExpiredError: (token_expired)

Update: is working on 84.6

It happens in my config as well, on the latest you mention. But I had it before as well.

edit: somehow it fixed itself. I’ve changed the scan interval to 600 by the way, since I don’t need the update of temperature that often. Main purpose is to switch heating on/off on presence.

I’ve been using hass to basically just control the setpoint. All fine until the next Lyric programmed step comes in (eg 20 degrees at 17:00). This cover 80% of all scenarios. For holidays I just used the Lyric holiday function.

Few things I would like to add:

• When I leave during a heating schedule I want to temporary lower temp to x and when return the program should resume.
  • When my holiday mode is set to on, keep temperature at x until holiday mode off.

I’m still a bit confused which services to call for what scenario. And, what role does the away mode play in that?

By the way: Does any of you use the “away mode” and if so, what does it exactly do?

I believe away mode is used with geofence mode on the Honeywell app to indicate no one is home so follow the “away temps” you have setup in the actual Honeywell app. I think away mode in HA allows you to use HA to set the away mode, although I don’t use it.

I use a combination of the geofence mode in the app on my cell phone, but I also use it with HA Automation too, so I can adjust temps when other devices are no longer in range of a device tracker in HA because I haven’t installed the Honeywell app on:

- id: '1539811894337'
  alias: Turn Down Heat When Away
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: device_tracker.cellphone
    platform: state
    to: not_home
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: climate.home_thermostat
      temperature: 58
    service: climate.set_temperature

@Bram_Kragten are you sure this still works? If I add away_periods: - ‘P4’ (where P4 is my ‘sleep’ period EMEA) the component does not load

Thanks ski522, this is also what I use and works fine in most scenarios. However, ss soon as a new programmed period kicks in, the setpoint is set to the temp in the schedule of the Lyric. There are a few scenarios where I like the temp to continue the setpoint I set by HASS until manually switched off

I got rid of the schedule in mine via the app and just use HASS, eliminates that problem of a schedule overrun. In the app I just use geofencing.

No there has been a change in Home Assistant, will update the code this weekend… Might even make a PR…

1 Like

@Bram_Kragten That sounds really good Bram! Thanks for all tour work up till now.

One question: Since we are required to login using the lyric app password, does this mean all requests from home assistant are done through the honeywell cloud?

I always assumed so, since sometimes you got a time out on their API when you look at the logs why the temperature isn’t updated.
Not ideal situation, but ok for me now.

Pretty certain they are as in early December Honeywell how some cloud problems for about an hour and I couldn’t update the temp either through their app or HA.

Forgive my ignorance, but isn’t one of the goals of home assistant to be independant of the cloud?

By using the homekit controller I’m able to set the T6 thermostat without any Honeywell or Apple account. Is there a big remaining advantage of the Lyric component that I am missing?

Lately I have been consistently getting the following error any time I try to change anything from HA. Any thoughts?

Log Details (ERROR)

Mon Dec 31 2018 08:18:32 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

HTTP Error Lyric API: 400 Client Error: User Input Error for url: https://api.honeywell.com/v2/devices/thermostats/LCC-MAC_address_here?locationId=273900&apikey=api_key_here

Hello Bram any progress (taking the holidays in account).

No, that would be a good alternative without the need of the cloud. Unfortunally Honeywell doesn’t have a local API but only a cloud API…