Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

Thats weird, just deleted all my pycache folders, are you on hassio? Will do a host reboot to see if that fixes it. Thanks for the help so far.

It’s working fine for me.
I used the files posted in this repo:
https://github.com/teunehv/ha-custom-components/tree/master/lyric

2 Likes

I’m on hassio as well, 0.89.0 atm.
If it’s still not working try removing lyric folder completely and put the repo back in again.

Could you share your configuration.yaml lyric entry?

Didn’t change it ever. Since it was working for you before that can’t be the issue. Same error still?

You’re right… just was in doubt where to put it, under climate: or just lyric:

Fresh clone of your repo
Unable to prepare setup for platform lyric.climate: Could not set up all dependencies.

Unable to set up dependencies of lyric.climate. Setup failed for dependencies: lyric

Also still a:

2019-03-09 00:09:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component lyric
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 154, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/lyric/__init__.py", line 116, in setup
    import lyric
  File "/config/lyric.py", line 17, in 
    from homeassistant.components.climate import (
ImportError: cannot import name 'STATE_AUTO' from 'homeassistant.components.climate' (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py)

Still seems an old version… No clue why :thinking:

I had my old file in my /config dir as a backupish idea.

see log above

"/config/lyric.py"

Taking it out of there solved it, but exposes climate.liric for some reason… weird weird weird.

It works now. Thanks for the help!

Good to hear it’s working now.

Still not working for me my files are located here
/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components . I replace them with the new ones and HA would not load. After I replaced them with the originals HA came backup but the Honeywell Lyric still did not appear. After I went back to 0.88.2 everything is working again. This is the only thing in the home-assistant.log that seems to be related.
2019-03-09 14:43:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading homeassistant.components.lyric.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 147, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)

After hours of messing with different setups. i was about to start configuring but right after i select my thermostat on honeywell is gives me

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.185 refused to connect.

• Search Google for [192 168 185 8123 api lyric authenticate]
    ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The only error i see in HA is

Log Details (ERROR)

Sat Mar 09 2019 21:33:30 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Unable to update from sensor: could not convert string to float: ‘None’

Just to be sure, did you place the files in the components folder? It should be in the custom_components folder which should be present as a subfolder at the location were your configuration.yaml is stored.

Seems to me like you have some config error. I just updated the complete step by step and put it in the repo as well. Perhaps you can check if you did everything ok. See particular Part 1, step 4 and Part 3.

I woke up with fresh eyes and immediately realized i was using the wrong instance of my Home Assistant. so annoyed with myself
lesson is don’t mess with this stuff if you have been up for 24 hours

Thanks for the reply’s

I tried everything you suggested but nothing works on HA 0.89.0. There seems to be no reference to the lyric.py files where do they go?

I have the files in my homeassistant directory under:

./custom_components/lyric/init.py
./custom_components/lyric/climate.py

I have 2 lyric.py files
one in components and one in components/climate. Does climate.py replace the lyric.py in components/climate?

make a “lyric” folder under “custom_components” folder
The lyric.py that was in the custom_components folder move to custom_components/lyric and rename it to __init__.py
Move the “lyric.py” that was under “custom_components/climate” to “custom_components/lyric” and rename it to “climate.py”

Also after i updated to 0.89.1 I had to change the climate,py file because of some const changes in the update.
Before:

from homeassistant.components.climate import (
    ATTR_TARGET_TEMP_HIGH, ATTR_TARGET_TEMP_LOW, DOMAIN,
    ClimateDevice, PLATFORM_SCHEMA, STATE_AUTO,
    STATE_COOL, STATE_HEAT, SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE,
    SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE_HIGH, SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE_LOW,
    SUPPORT_OPERATION_MODE, SUPPORT_AWAY_MODE, SUPPORT_FAN_MODE)

After:

from homeassistant.components.climate import ClimateDevice, PLATFORM_SCHEMA
from homeassistant.components.climate.const import (
    ATTR_TARGET_TEMP_HIGH, ATTR_TARGET_TEMP_LOW, DOMAIN,
    STATE_AUTO, STATE_COOL, STATE_HEAT, SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE,
    SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE_HIGH, SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE_LOW,
    SUPPORT_OPERATION_MODE, SUPPORT_AWAY_MODE, SUPPORT_FAN_MODE)	

See following

This repo contains the files and the location that is needed. Including the step-by-step description.

It shouldn’t be components, but custom_components. And the structure of custom components will change in the future. Since 0.88 warnings show up in the logs about the future change. If you make sure the files are present as in the repo you have the correct files/config:

<home-assistant-config-folder>/custom_components/lyric/__init__.py
<home-assistant-config-folder>/custom_components/lyric/climate.py
<home-assistant-config-folder>/custom_components/lyric/services.yaml
1 Like

I tried but getting the following message:

500 Internal Server Error

Server got itself in trouble