Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

Also upgraded and all working fine. I now and then get below error in my logs. Any ideas?

Error Lyric API: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.honeywell.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oauth2/token (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f1d7a0d9250>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again'))

I have duckdns enabled and I can get the Lyric config to go to the web and select my Honeywell thermostat but when I go to confirm it times out while trying to connect to xxxxxx.duckdns.org. What am I doing wrong?

Got an ā€œaccess token expiredā€ error today. Fixed it by renaming lyric.conf to lyric.conf.old ā€“ after restarting HA, I got a config error notification in the web interface, which then very kindly led me through reauthorization and generation of an updated lyric.conf file. Everything is working again. :+1:

-Matt

It works!. thsk a lot. Eduard.

Trying to set this up on hassio, through hacs. When trying to authenticate, I keep getting ā€œ500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble.ā€ error. Any ideas?

Iā€™m wondering if someone can help me with 2 issues Iā€™m having. I am able to successfully get the Lyric component to work. Iā€™m running HA on Docker, and for some reason when I restart the container the Lyric component stops working. I can restart HA without any issues, but if I stop and start the container or reboot the host when it comes back up, it complains that the Lyric integration is not configured, and I can no longer configure it or even delete it.

Wondering if Iā€™m doing something wrong??? I havenā€™t seen anyone else post this issue unless Iā€™ve missed it. I have my config location on persistent storage and I also created persistent storage for the custom_components location, so maybe Iā€™m missing something else that needs to persist?

Thanks,
Michael

Unfortunately, I donā€™t have an answer, but will say I run HA on Docker too and donā€™t have this problemā€¦so not sure what youā€™re seeing, but soundā€™s like a permission problem somewhere.

Iā€™m having a hard time figuring out from this thread where to start with a Honeywell Lyric T6 Pro Wifi thermostat in 2019. I donā€™t see anything listed in the integration page.

Whatā€™s the current status and best starting point?

Thanks!

Glad to hear it works for you. Iā€™m clearly doing something wrong, I just canā€™t figure out what it is. Iā€™ll dive deeper into the permissions and see what I can find, but I did figure out how to work around it. I wanted to post it here to see if this might give you or someone else an idea of what it could be thatā€™s wrong.

If I go into my HA config directory into the .storage directory and edit the following files:
core.config_entries
core.device_registry
core.entity_registry

And then remove any references to lyric, I can get it working again. I have to restart HA, and then go through the integration setup again, and then it works. And like I said earlier, this only happens if I restart the container. If I only restart HA it continues to work, but restarting the container loses the integration and I have to do the above to get it working again???

Thanks for the help!
Michael

Still looking for some help on this. I can add a Honeywell Lyric integration and it takes me to a page to login to the Honeywell home webpage. The username that populates the field is not my email address but my username for home assistant. Is this causing an error once I agree to the terms and select my thermostat and click connect it errors out and says my url XXXXXXX.duckdns.org took to long to reach. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Hi,

Iā€™m a total noob when it comes to hass.io, though Iā€™m well versed with linux. When I first loaded 0.99.3 onto my new Pi 4, I used the 64-bit build. It did its discovery and noticed, somehow, that I had 2 homekit devices. These were, it turned out, my 2 Honneywell Lyric T5 thermostats.

I tried to pair them, and they would generate a xx-yyy-zzz code, but hassio wouldnā€™t allow them to be used.

As it turned out, my build froze up after I played with it too much, so I reimaged the sd card and started again. No homekit was detected.

So, to my question: Was that a fluke that my thermos were seen as homekit with no extra configuration? Was I close to getting them to work or are they only going to work as a custom config? And, where do I go from here?

Thanks,

Ambi

I solved my problem by linking my thermostat to Home Assistant per the instructions and then installed and configured DuckDNS. I donā€™t know enough to figure out what DuckDNS was doing to prevent me from using the thermostat but it was.

Hi Andrew! What instructions dfid you use for linking your thermo? Which thermo do you have?

Hey guys. Are you actually able to register on the Honeywell / Resideo portals in order to get OAUTH credentials? If so what URLs did you use? I tried developers.honeywell.com as well as developer.resideo.com. Been waiting for approval for the past week.

https://developer.honeywellhome.com/user/me/apps. I just created a new app and was instantly given a key and secret.

1 Like

Thanks. That page was only showing a Microsoft Azure default deployment page when I initially tried to connect, this is why I got side-tracked to these other portals. Seemed to have been an issue for some other users I interacted with on the python-lyric Github repo. I still donā€™t get why these other portals exist, but alas, I got my OAUTH credentials. Thanks a lot!

Iā€™m trying to make this work with two Honeywell T9s. I actually get to the Honeywell login page and see both my Thermostats (named Upstairs and Downstairs). When I select themā€“either both or just picking oneā€“and try to continue, I get ā€œ500 Internal Server Error - server got itself in trouble.ā€

This may be a function of it being the T9 instead of the lyric, but I have researched this particular error regarding the Honeywell API and I have seen no advice given that would allow me to begin a work-around. Any ideas?

Are there instructions as to how I would ā€œuse the version on the GIT repositoryā€? Just get the files, or is there a more elegent way?

Tnx,
Ambi

No elegant way Iā€™m aware ofā€¦you need to go into each file, view raw and then you can just do from command line a wget. Or cut and paste the content into each respected file. A bit more detail was provided here on downloading parts of a repository

I cannot find the right location for the Lyric files. Running Hassio. I receive the error:

2019-10-19 00:22:25 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Component error: lyric - Integration ā€˜lyricā€™ not found.

I now have my files under config/components/lyric/