Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

Thanks for the help. Gave it a shot, but unfortunately no change. I may try walking through the debug steps again tomorrow.

So far Ive reset the thermostat, redone the connection to the Honeywell App, deleted the integration, deleted the developer app, and then reset up everything. I had it working before on the custom integration in HACS that got deprecated when this integration was created, but I dont know if it broke on the upgrade or before it. May also rollback to a snapshot just to see what broke it.

Last step is I may submit a bug. Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything first. It could be possible the round performs differently than other models.

I went and removed and reinstalled, still the same. The only way changing the temp works is to choose permanent hold or hold until after changing the temp. That only works 50% of the time though. I have never been able to get it running correctly, T9, even the older versions of lyric.

Well here is the issue I posted on HA’s github concerning my troubles. Yours and SMRThome’s problems sound nearly identical to what I was having happen, except I was able to make changes 0% of the time. It did work though on the older HACS version, but I believe I had to make some minor tweaks to the climate.py or __init__.py file code to get it working right (minor error reported in the log due to the HACS version not being updated in quite a while).

Either way I’d try deleting out and re-adding the HA integration, configuration.yaml entry, and Honeywell developer app a couple more times to see if it finally takes. Like I mention above and in the HA issue post, I think the Honeywell generated app is not always created properly.

Hi there!

I’m new to Home Assistant and have a problem adding the “Honeywell Lyric” integration. If i try to i’l get a messagebox saying: “The netatmo-component is not configurated. Please read the documentation”.

I want to add my thermostat, a Honeywell Lyric T9 thru the Honeywell Lyric intergration. I don’t own any hardware from Netatmo… I dont know what to do next, i get the same message when i try to add my “Neato botvac” intergration. I only manage to get my thermostat working thru “Homekit accesories” intergration.

I’m running Home Assistant on a Raspberry pi 4 and havent messed around much yet.

I hope i’m not missing out on something, hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks!

homekit doesn’t support t9, remove apple homekit it’s most likely registering your t9 as a netamo thermostat.

Oke thanks! Then i’ll just as well add it as a homekit accessoire.
Do you have an idea why my Neato Botvac thinks he is a netatmo as well?

Hi,

Just an FYI, I got this to work with my T5s but the trick was to remember when the instructions say to use “http://192.168.1.123:8123/auth/external/callback” it means to use the URL you normally use. So in my case, it’s “https://myhassio.duckdns.org:” without the :8123 port, as my duckdns.org config assumes that.

You can tell that was the case when the API site threw the error, as the URI in the address bar showed the actual call and it came from my regular URL.

I have 2 of the T5’s here, and adding the integration discovered both, with the correct names, and everything. I can set the temps, note if they’re on permanent or temp hold, etc. I’ve not used schedules as I just do the changes when I want to via HA. It seems the speed in updating a change, say changing a temp or something, happens within a second - which seemed faster than with the custom-components!

I made sure I moved the old custom-components lyric to a backup folder so it’s not really seen in the system.

Good luck!

-Ambi

To follow up on my last post, where I mentioned the Lyric Round was not working with the new Lyric Integration: I had the same issue that was created here, https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/47339. It appears that this will be fixed in the next HA release. So, if any other Lyric Round user’s out there are having the same issue, fingers crossed it will be working again next release.

I tried creating a new developer app, removing the integration, restarting, etc… But nothing worked.

Following up to confirm that the issue I saw with the Lyrics is fixed in 2021.4.0 Note: Make sure not to have the thermostat in auto (heat/cool) mode or it wont work. I had switched it to use the honeywell app schedule and in auto mode while it wasnt working. I simply moved it to heat mode, then retsrated home assistant and everything now works great on 2021.4.0.

Everything was working with the T5 and the new Honeywell Home - Lyric integration introduced in 2021.03. However for the last few days I am having an error and the device is not available. Any ideas?

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:265
First occurred: 10:59:11 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:59:11 AM

Config entry ‘Configuration.yaml’ for lyric integration not ready yet: 400, message=‘Bad Request’, url=URL(‘https://api.honeywell.com/oauth2/token’); Retrying in background

Missing code or state parameter in https://xxxxxxx.duckdns.org/auth/external/callback

The call back should be your inside ip address not duckdns.

No, it doesn’t have to be the inside IP address. According to the documentation, this needs to be the URL of your Home Assistant instance. It has been working fine since the beginning of March until the latest updates.

same here with issues with lyric, was working before the last update

Does anyone know if the add-on wall sensors for the T9 are able to be integrated into HA? If so, how do I accomplish that?

1 Like

Anyone on here running into the issue where their Lyric Thermostat doesnt work in cool mode too? I opened this issue: Honeywell Lyric Cool Mode Not Supported ¡ Issue #50825 ¡ home-assistant/core ¡ GitHub, 41 days after this issue: Honeywell Lyric integration unable to make changes ¡ Issue #48801 ¡ home-assistant/core ¡ GitHub was opened. It has now been almost a week and neither issue has seen any progress.

Is there anyone out there more comfortable than me in their coding skills who could attempt to fix the issue? I found where it is in the code, but am pretty far removed from my hard core coding days

1 Like

I’m right here with you, noticing the same issue, and i think your analysis is correct. I tried copying climate.py into a custom component to replace heatsetpoint with coolsetpoint, but havent been able to get it to work.

I think the beverages are the key here, I only turned my wifi off and back on while having a few beverages and it still fixed it!

i am also curious about this!

Hi, I have the homeassistant integration (not hacs custom component) and it is able to see and log info for my T5 thermostat. I also have the homekit integration in an attempt to control my thermostat using Apple Home app. It does update when heat or cool is running, however, I can’t seem to change the temperature. Anyone know how to get that part working?

T-5’s usually work well. I wonder if it’s the same problem with honeywell and the T9, changing the set point. Deleting the integration, re adding it and reauthorizing with honeywell usually fixed it. Try to remove and re add it in homekit. Btw the HA integration is what was the HACS version, it’s been merged into the core.