Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

It appears to be up to date, it’s 2021.10.4.

Then it shouldn’t lose the authorization. What does it show in the home assistant logs?

Authentication failed while fetching lyric_coordinator data: {‘request’: {‘method’: ‘GET’, ‘url’: ‘https://api.honeywell.com/v2/locations?apikey=LINK’, ‘headers’: {‘Authorization’: ‘BearerSECREAT’, ‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json’}}, ‘response’: {‘code’: ‘Unauthorized’, ‘message’: 'Authorization has been denied for this request '}, ‘status’: 401}

5:08:03 PM – (ERROR) Honeywell Lyric - message first occurred at October 13, 2021, 7:28:12 PM and shows up 5 times

Error requesting lyric_coordinator data: Cannot connect to host api.honeywell.com:443 ssl:default [Name does not resolve]

4:38:03 PM – (ERROR) Honeywell Lyric - message first occurred at 4:23:03 PM and shows up 2 times

So, I’ve done what testing a non-programmer can do and think I’ve determined one issue. The callback URL on the Honeywell dev site is 172.24.8.60:8123 however, the URL in the link when trying to connect to HA is homeassit.local:8123. If I go into that link and update it to the 172 address on the dev site. It does connect and gets partially through the reg process.

use your local ip:8123

Least thats what worked a year ago.

Yeah, I enter that but for some reason it’s being changed to homeassist.local:8123 in the callback URL which is causing issues.

Delete the app on honeywell dev site and create a new one.

Anyone else seing the issue where this Integration needs to re-authenticate once or twice a day?
It has been working all oke, but fails very often now.

“Integration requires reconfiguration”
After following the routines and allowing access again, all is back to normal for some time.
But fails after half a day / 1 day.

I think it has to do with the polling update set to tight, but I am not sure about this.
Should be >300 sec, but is hard coded at 120sec.

Arno

Same here. Sometime will only get 2 hours before asking to reauthenticate. Tried going back to Home Kit but that integration has also changed and not sure how to add the Lyric to it anymore from without an Iphone

I was thinking to get a pull of the original and create a custom component using a different domain. Then we can fiddle around with the polling time to check the issue.

I have also the same issue, i have already delete it but, i can not add now the thermostat

Same problem here, have to reauthenticate again and again, delete the app from home assistent and honeywell, but did not help.

Same problem here. Very annoying

M

How can we install an old version of Lyric ?

I assume all of your installations are up to date with the current version of the core?

Has anyone filled a bug report to make the maintainers aware of this problem?

Have you tried the homekit integration? I personally use this instead of lyric.

AFAIK this is not a new integraton, the polling was changed to reflect changes made by honeywell. There are links to older versions in the thread that were in HACS, idk if they have been removed. Just be aware the older version has no cool mode.

yes same here…

So I deleted my config both locally and on the Honeywell Dev website and restarted HA. I created a new HA app on the Honeywell site and entered the new credentials in my config.yaml file. Now when I try to install the Lyric app the website is calling the old credentials. Is there a way to force HA to see the new app credentials that I setup?

You have to update configuration.yaml

lyric:
  client_id: MY_CONSUMER_KEY
  client_secret: MY_CONSUMER_SECRET

Re-installing doe not help, I tried the whole lot.

It got worse since I upgraded my HA to the latest versions and migrated from RPi3b+ to 4. Not sure what could have changed in the Lyric integration because of that.

Yes, that has the new key and secret. The URL that is looking back has the old key and secret.