Honeywell T9 and Setup for OAuth with Refresh Tokens

My T9 is added via home kit, and I’m not sure it matters about the ID of the wall sensors. They were automatically imported into HA using the names assigned to them via the honeywell app, so as long as you don’t duplicate those, I think you would be OK.

@BacchusIX I could really use your expertise. I have both homekit and honeywell integration set up for my T9 and I am struggling to make it 100% in the WAF department. I totally agree with you that there are holes in the homekit/native integration.

My wife loves the page I made her with the custom simple thermostat. I added the room sensors so you can see the temps as well.

The issue is that I cannot view or set the active rooms. What I want to do is to add a card with toggle switches to enable/disable different rooms so she doesn’t have to use the native honeywell app. I also want to try to have it read the status of which room is active and set the switch status on or off for that room.

I still need to setup the api access at the beginning of this post but is what I am looking to do possible? Any help you could give me would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

I managed to resolve the issue. The first sensor added to each thermostat gets the same id - 33215000100000. The second one is 33215000200000 and so on. If you delete a sensor and re-add it then a previously used serial number is not used. So to work around the issue I basically needed to delete and readd sensors over and over again so that they would have unique numbers across all 3 thermostats.

I’m having an issue with my T9 now… I had 5 sensors when I first added it to HA. I have since added a 6th sensor, and it won’t show up in HA. I even deted the thermostat from homekit and re-paired, and it didn’t get pulled in. Anyone run into this? Any idea how to resolve it?

Thanks for this post. I, like others was finding the Honeywell integration problematic and after several tries including the Honeywell developer and Apple HomeKit methods stumbled on to a simple method that is working without errors. What worked for me was to make sure the thermostats were not in HomeKit and the Lyric integration was removed. I then choose the thermostat from the Integration page hit the Configure button and when it asked for the HomeKit code I input the 8 digit code from the QR on the thermostat’s screen and within a few seconds it connected and I am able to successfully use them in scenes and automations.

Hey Sorry man, I just logged in the first time since apparently Jan. My recommendation is to shut down your server, and stop wasting the countless hours it takes to keep HA running and go live your life. I love the concept of home assistant and I’ve created a lot of cool stuff, but at least to me, it is not worth the amount of time it takes just keeping this damned thing running. The point of home automation is to make our lives easier and give us more free time, and neither of those things have been true for me. I am shutting mine down.

1 Like

Hi All,
Are the battery levels for the remote sensors available through the HomeKit integration, or do I need to go the API route?

Eric,
Are you able to get the battery levels for the remote sensors through the API? HomeKit doesn’t provide this.

Mark - I don’t think so, but I haven’t used the Honeywell API since I moved to HomeKit about a year ago. You’ll have to check the latest and greatest on their developer site.

Question on the T9 and Homekit. I was able to get the T9 connected to HA via homekit without a problem, however it seems every time I reboot HA, all of the thermostat sensors show as Unavailable and I have to physically pull the T9 to power cycle it and then all the sensors come back in HA, anyone else having this issue?

I am struggling to try to get home kit integration I think. I have the home kit bridge and it shows all my physical devices like my apple tv and home pods but it doesn’t show anything else connected. I tried to integrate the homekit connector but it says it can’t find anything. Would love to be able to control my T9 via home assistant but stuck.