Honeywell Thermostats not updating status

After the recent Honeywell updates, my thermostats no longer reflect the current status in HA. I only see the correct (current) temperature or thermostat status when I reload Home Assistant, or if I change the temperature (or some other setting) via HA. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, but it seems to have gotten a little better with the 2021.9.5 update which had a hopeful fix for rate limiting in it. Won’t know for sure for a couple more days since I only updated it yesterday

1 Like

Thanks @richt! Please keep us posted on your results.

I’ve been waiting for confirmation that both Honeywell issues are fixed (multiple thermostats and rate limiting) before updating.

At least for me, 2021.9.6 still does not resolve this issue…

I have also found that 2021.9.5 is not resolving the issue. The temperature on the thermostat is not updated in the application. Found this error in the log

Logger: homeassistant.components.honeywell.const
Source: components/honeywell/__init__.py:135
Integration: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort (US) (documentation, issues)
First occurred: September 11, 2021, 1:48:31 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:53:33 AM

SomeComfort update failed, Retrying - Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))

There is an open issue on this (starting with 2021.9.5):

Oh, wow. It’s getting worse instead of better!

I get it that this is a largely volunteer project. I think the developer is doing their best to resolve this and I appreciate all the effort. I can wait for whatever version contains the fix.

What I can’t understand is why this all seems to be so secretive. This integration is considered a “native” part of HA, yet there’s been no mention of any of this in the list of breaking changes. I was chastised for even suggesting it. You’d think if a core functionality was broken, it would be a priority to communicate that, if not actively fix it.

agreed. communication around this issue has been quite limited.

1 Like

for anyone else reading this… i ended up rolling back to 2021.7.4 to get back to a working integration.

1 Like

Interesting discussion on this sort of issue over on this thread:

This suggests there’s a way to run the newer HA version and an older integration. I asked if this process was documented somewhere but haven’t heard back yet.

It’s frustrating for sure. My yaml integration had the option to adjust the polling rate. I settled on 365 seconds after a bunch of trial and error. I don’t get overall why the yaml options don’t get ported into the new integration GUI, even under an advanced tab or something.

1 Like

Any update on this. I’m facing the same issue.

I haven’t tried this, but in 2021.6 they announced a way to disable polling of an integration via the GUI using the Integrations System Options disable polling toggle. It would be replaced by an automation that ran periodically to your choosing and used the action service: homeassistant.update_entity. It updates the entity, not the integration per se, so if you have two thermostats, I don’t know if one would call this service half as often or not. But anyway, something to think about.

I too have been seeing this problem. However today I found this Can’t set temperature in Emergency heat mode on Honeywell thermostat and I can set temperature when not in emergency heat mode. So I switch to normal heat, change the temp, then back to emergency heat mode.

I do not know what version of the integration I am using.