Hooking up the UVR1611 via BLNET

Ni Niels! I stumbled upon your integration for the UVR1611 in Home Assistant via the BLnet interface. At this moment I’m using tne newer CMI interface and the portal which Technische Alternative provides. Will it be possible to use your integration also with the CMI? Or do I have to hook up an BLnet interface to the CAN-bus? Many thanks for your answer! Regards, Guido

Hi @nielstron
I appreciate your work for publishing this BL-Net integration for Homne-Assistant :sunglasses: :+1:
I’m quiet new on Home Assistant and the BL-Net integration is on of my first projects in HA.
I have instralled HACS and than the BL-Net integration and configured the conf.yaml with a couple of lines, as described in the project description.

#################
## UVR1611 Data #
#################
blnet:
 resource: http://192.168.178.250
# password:
 can_node: 1
 scan_interval: 360
# use_web: true
# use_ta: true

Everithing runs without any errors and I could create a card with BL-Net entities :grinning:
This looks like:

Unfurtenly, there are only these 4 BL-Net entities showing up in my HA.
I’m missing a couple of informations I want to add to my HA card:

• Vorlauf Solltemperatur (Tvorl.SOLL)
  • Wert für Traum.NORMAL
  • Wert für Traum.ABSENK
  • Mischerinformation: Misch.Hzkr → Hand/Auto & Auf/Zu

I’m wondering if this datas have also been implemented, but not showing up for any reason, or if they can’t be read through this BL-Net integration?

Many thanks

Hi @C64,

The component more or less just forwards data scraped from different webpages of the BLNET interface. So I don’t know if the values you are missing are not displayed due to not being implemented yet or a bug. Feel free to head over to GitHub - nielstron/pyblnet: Automate wireless communication to UVR1611 via BL-NET and open an issue for the values

1 Like

Hi @nielstron
many thanks for quick answering and for suggesting opening an issue case on your GitHub channel.
I will do that and feel free to contact me for further informations concerning the missing datas.
kind regards
Raphael

Hello Niels or everyone else who might be able to help,

I’m trying to get my BL-NET available in my HA installation. It’s not HA core but ‘Home Assistant Operating System’ running on a RPi 3B+.

I was able to put the ‘custom_components’ files in the correct folder but I’m totally stuck on the PyBLNET.

I am not able to install it using pip3 install PyBLNET as this seems to be not supported an the HA standalone version. I googled now for 4 days and read every comment but still have no idea on how to get that thing working. Any idea and/or help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ok I made some approach recently. It seems I was wrong. The PyBLNET ssems to be automatically added. After another startup of homeassistant i noticed an error pointing me into
“/blnet_web.py”, line 194, in read_analog_values
data_raw = dom.text()"

So I guess the lib is there. I analyzed the code and saw that it tries to read data from the BL-NET by loading a special page "self.ip + “/580500.htm”.
Am I right?
So I tried to load that page in browser but nothing happens. I expect this to be the problem because I can open e.g. self.ip + “/can.htm”.

OK. If I’m right something should happen when I type this into the browsers address bar: “self.ip + “/can.htm?blaA=” + str(node),” [http://192.168.2.41/can.htm?blaA=65].
I get a page showing me “aktive Knoten am CAN Bus 1”. So correct I assume.

Now I noticed that the three lines underneeth on that page ( |Vend.ID:|| — | — ||Pr.Code:|||Rev.Nr.:|||BEZ.:|) show nothing. So it might be an issue with the UVR1611 or the connection to it?

Its possible ton get all the values from the CMI to HomeAssistant and also control it.

OK, after a while I was able to get it running.
I guess there was never a real problem, just a couple of missunderstandings from my side.
Mainly I was confused about analog and digital values which doesn’t go along with the additional analog and digital values that can be configured in UVR1611 and BL-NET.
So this library only provides the INPUTS and OUTPUTS of UVR1611. But to be more precise it only supports analog INPUTS and digital OUTPUTS. All other input/output configs are skipped during the setup process. This also answers @C64 questions.

My main problem was that after configuring additional analog and digital values (which is possible in BL-NET) my UVR1611 was so busy it couldn’t send any other data. Therefore the scrapper didn’t get any data and crashed.

After all it’s working as expected. I guess some improvements on pyBLNET could be done to get the missing inputs and outputs. Maybe I can dig into this later and contribute. Right now I am happy to finally see what is going on at my heating system.

blnet

Hello C64,

after struggling with that component and digging deeper into the modules I can answer your question. The values you are missing are not an UVR1611 INPUT or OUTPUT. It is information from inside the controller and the functions. By now the pyBLNET module doesn’t gather this information.
Regarding ‘Mischerinformation’ (which is indeed an OUTPUT) it is just not implemented and therefore skipped while converting the received data. As it is more or less just some string recognition and regex you could add it to blnet_web.py. Too see what data you get you can open the site in your browser and save it as html (blnetip/580600.htm)

Hi @TheGsus
many thanks for this informations and for your efforts in digging in in this integration.
Hovewer, I am not able to make any changes or adding datas to blnet :(, thats out of my knowledge.

But another question concerning the blnet integration in Home Assistant.
Do you also sometimes have problems/errors with the blnet integration in Home Assistant?
Regulary it happens that no more datas are displayed in HA with a card message like “entity not available”.
Unfortunately I don’t know what could cause this problem and where to look for.
In HA, the card will then looks like this:

and the log like this:

If reinstalling the integration, it works again for a while.
Do you or anyone else know what could be causing this?
many thanks

Dear Niels Mündler,
i am trying to conect my UVR1611 to my homeassistant server, but i am getting the following error.
2023-05-03 20:55:52.688 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration blnet which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant 2023-05-03 20:56:23.634 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [custom_components.blnet] No BL-Net reached at http://192.168.1.36 2023-05-03 20:56:24.605 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for custom integration blnet: Integration failed to initialize.

Maby you can help me?
Vincent

Most probably your facing the situation that for some reason the BLNET isnt connected to the UVR1611 anymore. Same for me sometimes btw.
The blnet integration mainly only operates the html pages like you would do it manually. If you remeber what you have to do you will also better understand what the integration is doing

• access the blnet by ip in your browser
  • pressing the CAN bus button
  • Select the node of the UVR1611 (even if there is only one found) [Radio button next to a number]

Exactly at this point the problem occurs. For some reason the integration is not able to properly detect if the node is selected or not. If it is not selected no data is received and the corresponding html page for parsing the data is empty (= no attribute “text”).
If you select the radio button manually the data is valid on next parsing.
The root cause should be in the pyblnet (I did a bug report on it). Unfortunately Niels has a lot of things to do and cant fix it soon.
U can try something different. Workaround
The only thing you have to do is loading a webpage every 3 minutes.

http://192.168.2.41/can.htm?blaB=1

Assuming that your BLNET ip address = 192.168.2.41 and your UVR1611 node = 1

Hello ViniVanilli,

I am pretty sure you did either a missconfiguration or you are facing the same problem as me and C64.
Could you please provide:

• configuration.yaml entry
  • the detailed log output as C64 did (Download full log file, search for blnet, copy the part in a code box in here)

Additionally you can provide your BLNET settings like IP address, ports, password yes/no…

Hi @TheGsus
Thanks for the explanation and for creating the bug report.
In fact, I can see the same behavior when I want to operate the BLnet in the browser.
Apparently we have the same behavior and problem with the BLnet and I am wondering if this is a general problem or if only certain devices are affected.
Thanks for you workaround, I will test it.
Out of curiosity, how did you realise the automated homepage access?
Best regards

Didn’t realize it so far. Still need to fix other things to get HA properly running. I might so it within next 2 weeks and will update here

@C64

Hi C64,

I did some further investigation. I am pretty sure once the bug is fixed also our connection problem is solved. The only thing we have to do is provide a node in config. Right now this will lead to misssetting of the BLNET. But the bug seems to be already fixed. We are stuck in a pull request. I asked Niels how to proceed with this

1 Like

Hello all,
Now i have running blnet on my home assistant.
I see every digital and analog value.
But i have no friendlyName showing!

It shows only:
blnet analog 1
blnet digital 1
blnet digital 1 automated

How can i give every switch a friendly name??

Now i have the next problem!
I can not toggle any output!
If i try, i will get an error message:
“Error by toggle switch_on connection lost!”

@nielstron
First of all, congratulations on the great project. Now I also came across HA and installed it as a Docker container. After the setup I installed HACS directly. Then copied the 4 files from GitHub into the appropriate folder. Then still PyBLNET insatlliert in the HADocker container ( 0.9.1 ? ). When starting HA I get the following error :
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:193
Setup failed for blnet:integration not found

Can you please help me to solve this problem ?

@nielstron I yesterday i install the docker container again, install hacs. then i copy the files into the components folder. i enter also the lines in the configuration.yaml, after restart i get the following error in the Homeassistant :
Source: setup.py:283
First occurred: 08:00:40 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:00:40

Setup failed for custom integration blnet: No setup or config entry setup function defined.

**The second error : **

Source: setup.py:235
First occurred: 08:00:40 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:00:40

The blnet integration does not support YAML setup, please remove it from your configuration

My configuration.yaml looks like that:

# Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.
default_config:

# UVR1611 Data
blnet:

# Load frontend themes from the themes folder
frontend:

• themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes*

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

I checked the installation in the HA-Container and the version of pyBlnet is 0.9.1.

I dont know what i have to do to solve the problem. - I need help please.

@C64 can you help me please, it seems i do something wrong, becuase i install HomeAssistantOS to a INtel Nuc - but same issue.