How are dimmable 3000-6500K LED lights addressed?

Hi @ all,

so I bought this LED dimmable ceiling light.

The light works with the included 2,4 GHz remote control and should work with some Chinese App (not verified).

As I don’t like the idea of having another remote or use some obscure App I bought myself a Shelly RGBW2 and removed the original LED driver board and connected the Shelly.

I can switch the LED on, but I cannot change the color temperature.

Funny enough, the output of the GoMieoo LED driver is just two wires, a black and a white one.

I’ve currently connected the white wire to the DC output of the Shelly and the black wire to Shellys "W terminal as per the documentation.

But I’m unable to change the color from cold-white to warm-white which does work with the included remote.

As there are only two wires, the information about color temperature needs to be “encoded” somehow.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to proceed. Is there any “standard” for this?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

What microcontroller is on the original controller board? You might check these forums to see if someone has run across devices with similar control.

Good hunting!

https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/topic3951016.html

1 Like

Before trying to power unknown leds with shelly, have a look what that original setup is. Is it local access point? Just Bluetooth? Wifi for app and zigbee for remote? Some Tuya stuff already implemented in HA?

Only two wire color temp control I have ever met was implemented with warm and cold leds with opposite polarity and driver was changing polarity (fast) according to temperature required.

It seems to be a TMALLGENIE TG7111B (EMM4912324DDWF) at least that is what I can decipher from the chip:

I did a quick search yesterday and there are some others having the same question about integration with HASS - but no PoC yet.

But I’ll ask on www.elektroda.com anyway, thanks!

Edit: link to the post on elektroda.com for completeness:

It’s a proprietary 2.4 GHz communication for the remote, as far as I can tell. At least there is no AP / WiFi mode.

The Chinese App is called “Lamp Smart Pro” and seems to use BLE.

I stumbled across this HomeAssistant post which also deals with a lamp using this app and which was successfully reverse engineered.

My first hope was that I could use that with ESPHOME on ESP32, but unfortunately the lamp does not pair.

Yes, unfortunately a little googling of the chip part number seems to say it is using Bluetooth Low Energy communication, not the hoped for WiFi of the route I posted. You might still find some folks on the Elektroda forum that might help you decode the LED control circuit. The link below on the BLE route seems to have not gotten any success. BLE can be hard to reverse engineer, so your route to figure out how to do a ‘brain transplant’ seem perhaps a better option. Another route is to try to get a 2nd remote and ‘physically’ press the buttons on the remote using a ESP32 or similar. I’ve had a mixed bag trying to go this route. Hope you find a usable solution, it’s a good looking fixture.

1 Like