How can I configure Nginx on HA installed on another Raspberry pi 3 B+?

but a reverse proxy doesn’t really do that on its own…

the only thing a reverse proxy does is pass through the traffic.

I think you may be confused on what a reverse proxy is/does.

How do you think it will ‘protect the pages’?

Ok, thanks for the information, later I will also put a firewall that handles incoming and outgoing connections.
At least so now I do not burden the connection of RPi3 with O.S. hass.io

You could do that now and have the same effect.

I’m not sure I understand this comment.

I wanted to say that it does not weigh down the connection on the RPi3 with O.S. hass.io
I was wrong to write.

What do you suggest to use as a firewall? and is there a software for RPi3 that simulates a firewall?

Adding a reverse proxy does not, in any way, limit the connection to HASSIO. You are severely mistaken on how this works.

Your router acts as a firewall, but if you want something good, you will have to put a device in between your Pi and your router. Or replace your router with something like PFSense.

A pi runs Linux. It has iptables and a plethora of firewall options available, but if you are running hassio, you do not have any of those options available to you, because hassio is not a general OS. It is to be used like an appliance (like your router, or a NAS, etc)

I would like to use a second RPi3 possibly version B+

but for what purpose?

What do you think you are going to accomplish with this? You are making your setup more complicated for no reason.

Let’s start with this:
What is your INTERNET speed? What service do you pay for, and what is the speed you GET?

If you stick a pi in the middle between your router and your other devices to use as a firewall, you are limiting your network speed. You don’t want to do this unless you absolutely understand networking and how to lay it out. If you want to do it just for fun, then cool, but understand that you are complicating your setup needlessly at this point.

What do you think you are going to accomplish with this setup? You keep saying to limit connections to pi, but that doesn’t make sense. HOW are you going to limit connections? You don’t have a static IP on your mobile device when you are not at home, so HOW would you be able to firewall off all traffic but what comes from you?

If you are only forwarding port 8123 to your Pi currently, there is no other traffic coming in except for port 8123. A firewall is not going to limit that and still allow your hassio instance to be usable.

I beg you to stop and do some research on what it is you want your end goal to be, because it sounds like you are confused on the terminology and capabilities.

1 Like