How can i create friendly_name for HOME and NOT_HOME

Hello guys, i have this configuration:

device_tracker,rodolfo

on HA when i stay home , show me: Rodolfo home and when i not home show me; Rodolfo not_home.

how i can create a friendly_name, anyone knows?

thanks

SOLUTION

Sensor:

• platform: template
    sensors:
    rodolfo:
    value_template: ‘{% if is_state(“device_tracker.rodolfo”, “home”) %}Em Casa{% else %}Não está em Casa{% endif %}’
    friendly_name: ‘Estado do Rodolfo’

You can do this two ways. First edit your known_devices.yaml file. Find that entry and edit the name.

See this for more information:

The other is customize:

@silvrr on my know_devices.yaml i have

rodolfo:
hide_if_away: false
mac:
name: Rodolfo
picture:
track: true
vendor:

where i can add the lines to my friendly_names ?
i want change HOME for Casa and change NOT_HOME for Não está em Casa

That’s to change the tracked device name, but I guess the wish is to change the status name itself.

I’m not sure that possible without modifying the source code of HASS.

Ahh, sorry I misunderstood what you wanted. I thought you were wanting to change the entity name. You are wanting to change the state name.

You will need to create a new template sensor. Rather than show your device_tracker on the front end you will need to add this new sensor.

sensor:
  platform: template
  sensors:
    Rodolfo:
    value_template: '{% if is_state("device_tracker.rodolfo", "home") %}Casa{% else %}Não está em Casa{% endif %}'
3 Likes

Great , thank YOU very much.

sorry again @silvrr

i add theset lines:

sensor:
platform: template
sensors:
Rodolfo:
value_template: ‘{% if is_state(“device_tracker.rodolfo”, “home”) %}Casa{% else %}Não está em Casa{% endif %}’

but when i restart my HA shows me:

Invalid config
The following components and platforms could not be set up:

sensor.template

Please check your config

i try some modification like this:

value_template: “{%if states.device_tracker.rodolfo.state == ‘home’ %}Casa{% elif states.device_tracker.rodolfo.state == ‘not_home’ %}nao esta em casa{% endif %}”

but no luck again.

what is wrong?

Can you post your config and maintain the formatting? See this post for instructions

Also, is there anything in your log file? Often it will give a reason and sometimes a specific line that is causing the error.

i dont any error on my log:

sensor.yaml
- platform: template
  sensors:
    phone_battery:
      friendly_name: 'Bateria Rodolfo'
      value_template: '{{ states.device_tracker.rodolfo.attributes.battery|float }}'
      unit_of_measurement: "%"
      entity_id: 
       - device_tracker.rodolfo
    Rodolfo:
      friendly_name: 'Estado Rodolfo'
      value_template: "{%if states.device_tracker.rodolfo.state == 'home' %}Casa{% elif states.device_tracker.rodolfo.state == 'not_home' %}teste{% endif %}"

configuration.yaml
    - sensor.phone_battery
    - sensor.Rodolfo

@silvrr sorry on log i have this:

17-01-17 17:47:10 homeassistant.loader: Loaded sensor.template from homeassistant.components.sensor.template
17-01-17 17:47:10 homeassistant.bootstrap: Invalid config for [sensor.template]: [Rodolfo] is an invalid option for [sensor.template]. Check: sensor.template->sensors->Rodolfo. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.template/
17-01-17 17:47:10 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: service_call_id=3051808912-1, domain=persistent_notification, service=create, service_data=title=Invalid config, message=The following components and platforms could not be set up:

• sensor.template
    Please check your config, notification_id=invalid_config>
    17-01-17 17:47:10 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=persistent_notification.invalid_config, new_state=<state persistent_notification.invalid_config=The following components and platforms could not be set up:
  • sensor.template
    Please check your config; title=Invalid config @ 2017-01-17T17:47:10.810342+00:00>, old_state=None>
    17-01-17 17:47:10 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=3051808912-1>

Try…

Sensor:
  - platform: template
      sensors:
        rodolfo:
          value_template: '{% if is_state("device_tracker.rodolfo", "home") %}Casa{% else %}teste{% endif %}'
          friendly_name: 'Estado Rodolfo'

Sorry, I couldn’t get to my google drive (was down this morning) and was using a example on the forum for the code which doesn’t seem to work.

1 Like

@silvrr now it works like a charm.
thanks again for your patience

No problem, sorry I provided the incorrect config the first time. Writing up an post now so I can just reference it in the future.

1 Like