How can I hide the Energy/Media/Map tabs from the sidebar?

So this is the weak spot about hardcoding stuff. It is by definition hardcoded and not dynamic, so if something new is added tomorrow you have to (1) know about it and (2) update your hardcoding again.

There is a “Dashboards” page, and “Energy” is on there already. There is even a “Show in sidebar” option with a check mark suggesting it is configurable. Except some smart guy decided that for the “Energy” dashboard (which it apparently is) this does not count.

1 Like

to be more precise there is more to do then just a copy and paste !.

We need to copy and THEN CHECK each of these elements we have copied from your list if such already exist cause then those have to be removed from your list like frontend: for example cause otherwise the file editor will complain about a duplicate mapping key.

1 to remove or disable the 2nd line in config.yaml to

hashtag default_config:

2 then we need to add all the elemtens we want to have in the sidebar and also what not - by adding a hashtag in front of those lines and to clean it up: move those lines to the top.

automation:
backup:
cloud:
config:
counter:
dhcp:
energy:
frontend:
history:
image:
input_boolean:
input_button:
input_datetime:
input_number:
input_select:
input_text:
logbook:
# map:
# media_source:

BUT PAY ATTENTION to avoid those duplicated mappings.
I had changed the following lines by adding a hash tag in front of those

# automation:
# frontend
# scene:
# script:

backup:
cloud:
config:
counter:
dhcp:
energy:
history:
image:
input_boolean:
input_button:
input_datetime:
input_number:
input_select:
input_text:
logbook:
# map:
# media_source:
mobile_app:
my:
person:
ssdp:
stream:
sun:
system_health:
tag:
timer:
usb:
webhook:
zeroconf:
zone:

quite complicated if you are not really familiar with such point which tbh belongs into the configuration somewhere. My sidebar still looks chaotic, partly because HA sort orders throw things around like those I could sort by adding a number, but then the alphabetic order comes back again with file, hacks, terminal before developer and so continue

You should update your list cause there is at least one missing based on my installation cause when I tried to use the “helper” I got a message that need the default config … or have to add

schedule:

to use the helper for timer or scheduling. I have added that an now my helper is working fully again.
thanks