How can I reuse configurations across multiple light switches (or other devices)?

I have ~12 Inovelli light switches with ~20 more on order, and I’m trying to figure how to manage all the settings like dimming rate, dimming modes, double-tap settings, etc. I don’t want to use the web UI to go in and change ~4-5 parameters across 30 devices, plus however many times I want to tweak them.

It feels like the terms I’m thinking of and searching for, mean something else. When I search “copy”, results seem to be about syncing one switch’s state with another, or I get a ton of stuff about migrating to a new HA installation. “Template” is for combining devices into one virtual device?

What are the terms to look up about managing the configuration of multiple devices? Ideally I could just manage some text files (YAMLs, JSONs, whatever) in a Git repo.

These are z-wave switches?

There is no YAML you can configure. It is all via the UI.

I guess you could write a script to set all the parameters you want across all the devices and use YAML anchors in that. See: Way to create multiple sensors per device with template? - #7 by 123

Hi Nick Timkovich,

There is this as well from the cookbook about anchors…

Solved: Reuse code with YAML Anchors and more.