How can I send a voice announcement to a Google home device via an HA alert?

The below alert is set up to send a voice message to my Alexa device via my alexa notifier. However, I can’t figure out how to do the same thing with my Google Home device.

alert:
  back_door_open_warning:
    name: Back door open for 7 minutes
    done_message: "Thank you for closing the door"
    entity_id:  input_boolean.door_open_for_7_minutes
    state: 'on'
    repeat:
    can_acknowledge: true
    skip_first: true
    notifiers:
      - alexa_media
      - tts.google_translate_say   #<---This line doesn't work!  Need an alternative pls.

I am able to send voice messages successfully to both Alexa and Google devices via the below automation. I just need to figure out a way to get my alert to do the same thing.

- alias: Back Door open warning
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.ecolink_door_window_sensor_sensor_2
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  action:

- data:
      entity_id: media_player.living_room_speaker
    service: tts.google_translate_say

- data:
      target: 
        - media_player.mka_net_echo_dot
      data:
        type: announce
    service: notify.alexa_media

You may have noticed that the option’s name in the alert integration is called notifiers and expects to see a list of one or more notification entities. However, tts is a completely different and separate domain from notification and (as you’ve discovered) cannot be listed in notifiers.

Fortunately for you, someone has figured out how to make 'tts.google_translate_sayappear to be anotification`.

Note
I believe the technique requires that your system is accessible from the Internet. If that’s not the case for you then it probably won’t work.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

@123 Thanks for hinting at my post!
@mkanet Hope it helps!

And yes, in my configuration it requires external HA access, never tried it any other way.