How do I add an image to the person component

cool - to confirm, I should put the files in /config/www/ directory but my configuration file should point to: entity_picture: “/config/local/J.jpg” (with quotes per the doc).

1 Like

in www but point to local. Don’t use /config/local/.jpg just /local/.jpg

thanks. I put the images in "/config/www/ cirectory & my config is as shown below… not sure what I am missing as I still see the stock icons show up.

homeassistant:
  customize:
    person.J:
      entity_picture: "/local/J.jpg"
    person.K:
      entity_picture: "/local/K.jpg"

I checked mine and I have a couple of things different. I have in my configuration yaml file.

homeassistant:
  customize: !include customize.yaml

In my customize file I have:

person.bill:
  entity_picture: ' /local/bill.jpg'

Mine has a space. before the first / and mine uses a single quote vs double. I think the space is the problem. Also mine was created using the Customizations option under configuration. To use this you need the customize.yaml file.

Mine doesn’t have quotes at all and is in customize.yaml as well

Got it! Now how do I make it so images show up on the map on the side panel?

Hi all,

I will resume this thread again.

I have moved away from a 433MHz automation system based on SwitchKing and Event ghost and went for a Z-wave based Home Assistant (0.107.7) on a Raspberry Pi.

I got the system up and running and connected some sensors and switches. So far everything seems to work great! However when trying to use a personal picture instead of the icon, the picture does not show up in the Entities Card, it is “blank” now.

I have read the instructions on how to set up people tracking within Home Assistant. The tracking part works fine but the connection of a picture to my person does not.

1. I have positioned my picture in the www folder at: \config\www\Crisse.png
  2. I have only the following information in the /config/customize.yaml file:
person.crisse:
  entity_picture: "/local/Crisse.png"    
  1. I have the following information in the /config/configuration.yaml file:
homeassistant:
  customize: !include customize.yaml
  1. I have put the picture file “Crisse.png" in the www folder and the picture has the below properties:
    WxH: 137x200 pixels
    Bit depth: 24 bit

2. I have been careful to really match capital letters and small letters.

Anny ideas what might be wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I rebooted the Raspberry Pi and now it works :)!

have u figured this out???

confirming this works!