How do I change the domain name for my server

After the last update I can no longer access my ha via it’s hostname ha.lindstrom.org.
I can still access it via its IP address but not it’s hostname. Also I can no longer access it by ssl but only on port 8123. The url on the welcom screen shows ha.local as the hostname. I have full dns services so I want to use my actual domain name, which has been working until the last update. how do I change it’s domain from local to lindstrom.org? Any help is appreciated.

I have the same issue. I updated both HA and SWAG (NGINX with Lets Encrypt) last night so I was not sure which it was. I can access other things over HTTPS like JellyFin fine. Home Assistant does report that there was a login attempt when I try via my domain name but states invalid credentials.

I see that SWAG just updated again, so that ‘might’ be the issue. I won’t be able to test till I get back home.

You seem to have (at least) a DNS issue.
ha.lindstrom.org doesn’t resolve.

Or it’s not public?

It is not public. DNS is fine.

Reverse proxy? Maybe

1 Like

Oh very likely this is the issue.

I had this same problem and had to restore a backup. I’m trying to figure out what I do now.

When I tried 2021.7, I could connect via IP, but not my domain. I run NGINX proxy manager on my HASSIO system and it forwards half a dozen subdomains. All of those subdomains worked, (e.g. test.example.com) but example.com that forwards to my HA system, did not work.

So the DNS correctly resolves to NGINX Proxy Manager, and it correctly sends to various servers, but the connection to HA is broken.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/solved-unable-to-connect-to-home-assistant-from-wan-duck-dns-nginx/320752

1 Like