How do I delete old entities in June 2020?

I installed the Unifi integration and it added a crazy amount of device tracking entities that are completely useless to me… for example, it’s enumerated device tracker entities for stuff like my network switches and stationary devices like my internet-connected HDMI switcher.

I’ve tried to go into the HA Dashboard through Configuration > Entities and no way to delete these. I get the message:

This entity does not have a unique ID, therefore its settings cannot be managed from the UI.

How can I delete these entities completely? There’s probably 50 of them.

You can’t. You can only disable them.

Ok, how do I disable them? I can’t do it through the UI. I get this:

How did you install the integration? it looks like you did it thru yaml?

If so I believe the yaml integration method has been removed. Remove the integration from your yaml config and then re-add it thru the UI. You should then have access to that function thru the UI.

You still won’t be able to delete individual entities but you should be able to disable them.

thanks for the tip. I did indeed install via config yaml. I just installed the integration like you suggested, but still see no way of disabling them. The entities are still there by in same read-only state.

The integration shows this:

But I still see these entities which were all definitely created by the previous unifi config:

My config has everything disabled:

check for those entities in the known_devices.yaml just in case they got stuck in there.

1 Like

Yes! That was it. I found all sorts of devices in there. I thought known_devices.yaml was deprecated. Should I just delete the file and migrate any legit customizations I have in there to the dashboard config customization UI?

It’s not completely deprecated. Just most device trackers don’t use it any more. But there might be some that still do. You’ll have to figure out if any of your device trackers still use it or not and decide from there.