How do I get lux / light sensor information från Xiaomi Aqara?

I have a similar configuration, with Xiaomi Gateway and Aqara motion sensors. There are two sensors created for each device, a “binary_sensor”, which is the one you are looking at, and a “sensor”, that includes the luminosity detected by the device. There is the lux attribute, not in the “binary_sensor” entity.

Regards.

Ah, thats right!! Now to figure out which is which… =)
Thank you!

It should have the same number as in the “binary_sensor”.

Anyway, you know you can change the names, don’t you? :slight_smile:

I already renamed the binary sensor, so yeah, I got that! :wink:

Hi everybody
How to do for that the light sensor appears in the integration. I
Integration is done with HomeKit, bridge is Aqara.
The integration list humidity, temperature for all temp sensors.
But in the case of move sensors, I only have the binary one.
Thx

Hi
Same for me.
I’m unable to find the light sensor, neither on aqara and mija ones. Anyone found the right way ?

I have the same issue, I have the motion sensors added through homekit controller. I have the aqara G2H as the hub. The lux or light sensors does not show up as one of the entity. Only battery and motion sensor. Does anyone know how to add it?

hi i have the same problem

Hi to all. I have the same problem. Only binary motion sensor added.
Aqara HUB + Aqara Motion sensor with illumination.
I can see illumination sensor in Aqara App, but can’t add it to HA

1 Like

Hi,

Any news on Homekit Controller recognizing light sensor on Aqara Motion Sensor?
I know it should create a different entity on the device, but it doesn’t.

I have the Aqara Hub and attach it to HomeKit on the iPhone as a Bridge. Delete it so it is now exposed to Home Assistant HomeKit and then attach it to HomeKit in Home Assistant but I only get the binary_sensor for Motion and nothing else. If I put the motion detectors in pairing mode and pair them with my HUSBZB-1 Zigbee/Zwave dongle I get ias_zone battery_level occupancy and illumination if I recall correctly. With the HomeKit using the Aqara hub again all I get is a binary_sensor for the detection of motion and no Light Sensor information even though the Aqara app on the iPhone has one. It is not exporting or sending that information to HomeKit in Home Assistant.

I am not sure if anyone here is using the Aqara Hub and integrating that with Home Assistants HomeKit and making a HomeKit Controller for it but that has been my findings after reseting the Aqara Hub and doing this process 3 separate times. The only thing the Aqara hub will give me is Motion Sensor and not the Light Sensor.

Another issue I am having is with the Aqara Mini Switch. The only thing the Aqara Hub reports to Home Assistant HomeKit is sensor information for Battery Level and nothing else.

I was hoping by getting the Aqara Hub I could solve problems like my HUSBZB-1 not picking up the Vibration Sensor (it does do this through the Aqara Hub thankfully) or the Mini Switch. Now through the Aqara Hub it does pick these up but only Battery Level for the Mini Switch and only a binary_sensor for the Vibration Sensor and only a binary_sensor for Motion Sensor information with the Aqara motion sensors.

What a mess. I can’t seem to crack what is going on. Does anyone know how I can get more raw information from Zigbee? I tried using Node Red to look at all zha_event activity but I really don’t see much there that relates to any of the sensors I am working with.

+1 - setup Aqara hub as HomeKit Controller in HA - can see sensors for motion and battery but not illuminance… any thoughts? Lux sensor is there when I look through Aqara app

1 Like

Same issue here. No lux sensor from Aqara G2H cameras or RTCGQ11LM motion sensors when connected to HA using HomeKit. Has anyone figured this out since?

I can confirm that this issue still exists for my Aqara Motion Sensor P1…

In order to expose the lux for your Aqara P1 Motion Sensor, it must not be integrated into any devices yet.

You need to get Zigbee2MQTT (Sonoff Zigbee Dongle-P is best for this IMO) Make sure that you have the Dongle P as Dongle-E will not work (may even need to reflash this, although I didn’t need to).

After your Dongle-P is installed in HA and you’ve restarted and verified that Z2M is running, press and hold the pairing button for your Aqara P1 Motion Sensor. If you Z2M doesn’t immediately recognize it (as happened to me), restart HA. By the time your HA restarts, enter the Z2M UI and you should find the new device available with your lux enabled.

Dongle-E does work fine with latest Z2M for me, Aqara Motion Sensor P1 light sensor is also exposed and working properly with it.

And you didn’t have to flash it?

If so, congrats - I couldn’t get mine to work w/o flashing and couldn’t find the TI file to flash the new firmware

Yes, I flashed it right after opening the box, based on this guideline; it walks you through all the steps, including which firmware to use:

Links referred to in this video:

*Important note, since you are just starting your Zigbee coordinator network, please make sure to design your network securely to make sure you arer not using the default usecure keys which are widely known. Unfortunately this is highly neglected to be mentioned in any of the guidelines.

• Shutdown zigbee2mqtt addon

• Open <homeassistant_ip>\config\zigbee2mqtt\configuration.yaml

• set network_key and ext_pan_id like so (but use your own numbers between 1-221):

advanced:
    network_key:

ext_pan_id:

Change the below aswell from defaults:
pan_id: random 4 numbers, like 7658
channel: 15
This image might help identifying the correct channel for you: https://haade.fr/assets/images/generated/posts/31/interference-zigbee-wifi-freqeunce-2.4ghz-en-940-5115f18fc.webp

• Remove coordinator_backup.json
  • Restart and repair all your devices

Awesome, glad to hear that it worked. I hadn’t come across the Dongle-E video, just the Dongle-P, which is the one that I opted for. After purchasing it, found that it didn’t require flashing, whereas the Dongle-E did require flashing (returned since I couldn’t find out how).

I asume this is still the same and has not changed ?