How do I switch to Zwave JS?

If it’s not saving then it’s not connecting initially. This is most likely something with your network between HA and it’s route to the server.

Are you just running the server on the other machine, or is the server running inside another HA instance?

If yes, then you need to enable TCP on the addon. Expose a port here, not sure if this option exists for just the Zwave JS addon. This is it for the ZwaveJS2MQTT:

That did the trick! Thanks so much!! I didn’t understand what was expected in that field and putting in a portnumber and restarting the raspberry host (just the plugin wasn’t enough) worked.

Thanks! You made my day!!!

Failed… Step 4 is only if you’re running HA OS. Users with VM installs have to install ZWave-JS server & client manually, WHICH IS NOT OUTLINED AT ALL. !!!

yes it is… step 4 says ZwaveJS2MQTT. So you should look at how to install that. Which can be installed as an addon or as a container in a VM.

It has it’s own documentation & installation. Why would I cover that when there’s so many different ways to install it?

docker installation.
https://zwave-js.github.io/zwavejs2mqtt/#/getting-started/docker?id=installation

other installations…
https://zwave-js.github.io/zwavejs2mqtt/#/getting-started/other-methods?id=other-methods-to-run-zwavejs2mqtt

Not using docker.
Why not call that out on: Z-Wave JS - Home Assistant it only makes sense to do so.

you can’t install that server on anything but hassOS. So you have to install it using one of the 2 links I provided.

You’re running a vm, why don’t you install hassos anyways? You’re just making it harder on yourself, especially seeing that you’re having these issues.

The second link I provided shows you how to install it directly on the OS

Hello Guys!

I’m trying to install Z-Pi7 on HAOS following the official guide but end up with the error below:

The MQTT seems to be running but cannot make it work for some reason.
I’m following this guide on RPI4:
Setup Z-Pi 7 with Home Assistant and ZWaveJS2MQTT on a Raspberry Pi : Aeotec Help Desk