How do you get Pfsense and Couple Vlans to Auto Detect Devices i frustrated

You can if they support some common mesh routing protocol, but I’ve only heard anecdotal references to extended WLANs (technically called Extended SSIDs) with APs from different vendors. Better stay out of trouble and use stuff from the same guy. My choice is Cisco APs driven by a wireless LAN controller.

@odwide whatr is a wireless lan controller? is that what i read tplink u need a controller to control things? they do software or hardware one… here i thought they built in/?

A wireless controller controls the access points, so they are working perfectly together.
It is first really needed with 4 or more access points, because with 4 access points they begin to disturb each other.
Up to 3 access points can easily be distributed over the radio frequency spectrums used.

@comet424 the VLAN tutorial does work, but HA as changed a bit, mostly how you connect to ssh, so I recently updated the tutorial to reflect these changes. You can check it out in this same thread down here: Setup VLAN and HA tutorial :wink:
If you find time to read the complete thread, you’ll find several opinions, network designs and ways to segregate your network. I suggest also checking out this other thread where vlanning on HA is also discussed: HA on different VLAN?
Very informative reading :slight_smile: