How is the iBlinds integration?

Thank you to everyone in the community who helped troubleshoot and contributed workaround solutions.

I’ve opened a new discussion on the Z-Wave JS GitHub regarding this issue:

I’ve also released a new iBlinds firmware version 3.15.10 that provides a workaround for the “Unknown” cover state issue in Home Assistant.

My apologies for this delayed firmware solution. I missed the conversation that the root cause turned out to be how HA expects position vs. slat angle reports. So all of my previous attempts at firmware updates reported slat angle using Window Covering Parameter (0x17) as the primary position, but HA didn’t interpret that as a valid “cover state.” To work around this, the device is now advertised as a different type of window covering (I randomly selected Outbound Bottom (0x0D) so HA will correctly recognize the slat/tilt state.

Important Configuration Notes:

  • Parameter #12 (WR – Window Covering Report) must be enabled to send Window Covering Reports instead of Multilevel Switch reports.
  • Parameter #3 (Send Reports) must also be enabled — but note that the values are currently reversed, so in the UI it will appear as though you need to “disable” it to actually enable reports. Hope to have Z-Wave JS fix this soon too.

Beta firmware 3.15.10 - https://support.myiblinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/11/iBlinds_v3.15_US_10.gbl