Refoss Integration Instructions

Hey y’all!

I want to add something to the Refoss component in Home Assistant. Because I own the Refoss EM06 and the company just released a guide to add this device to HA. But I can’t find a way to get to this specific Folder. I have samba share, file edit and VSCode server. Can’t find it. Not even as hidden folder.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

I don’t know anything about Refoss but… There is an official Refoss Integration: Refoss - Home Assistant. I would hope that the integration would cover what you are trying to add without you having to copy something to the HA file structure.

But, there might also be a typo in their instructions. I think it should be homeassistant/custom_components not homeassistant/components

Yeah, I understand it like that I have to replace the Refoss folder from the Orginal Refoss integration. But I can’t find the components folder.

Is there a Refoss folder in the custom_components folder?

As a follow-up, I did find this documentation: Integration file structure | Home Assistant Developer Docs. But I believe the integration components directory may be protected (hidden); therefore, not accessible. So, I would contact Refoss to update their instructions and/or integration.

EDIT: Confirmed that the integrations directories have been protected as of 2024.6. File write access must be granted in the Home Assistant configuration YAML. For example:

################## allow list of directories for file integration to write #############################
homeassistant:
  allowlist_external_dirs:
    - "/share/user_data/tub"
    - "/share/user_data/inverter"
    - "/share/user_data/battery"

So, you will need to get the path from Refoss and include it in the allowlist_external_dirs. I’m guessing it is "/components/refoss"

I have tried to add this to my config.yaml but I only get en error that this directory doesn’t exist…I have already mailed the Refoss support and wait for a response. Hopefully they add the integration of the EM06 straight to the official integration with 2024.07.

Did you install the Refoss integration ? If you did not, you won’t find the folder.

I have the EM06 too, but did not receive the Zip-file.

Yes, I have configured the Refoss Integration but no device were found.

How do you integrate the EM06?

I found this website (REFOSS HOME) downloaded the Zip and in there was a Guide and the files which needed to be replaced in the Refoss components folder.

My EM06 is not integrated at the moment. Last week or so I updated the firmware, but still not found by the Refoss integration.

I will check the website this evening.

1 Like

Okay, maybe you get more inside then me :smiley: the guide is pretty rudimentary :joy:

Just got a reply from the Refoss Support and this works finaly!

We got some feedback from the user that by doing the following things, the issue can be fixed:

1. ftp addon installed in HA
  2. in the manifest.json from the download from refoss add the version line
    “version”: “1.0.0” (don’t forget the comma in the previous line)
  3. uploaded with Filezilla refoss folder
  4. with “Terminal” Addon, copied the refoss folder into the folder “/homeassistant/custom_components/”.
  5. Restart HA.

Here is the URL of the forum: EM06 Smart Energy Monitor Refoss in HA einbinden - #5 von Lugerhias - Allgemein - simon42 Community

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Fiona
Refoss Customer Care

No one of the solutions above worked for me. Refoss support wrote me to try with this new “Refoss LAN” integration: GitHub - Refoss/refoss-homeassistant: Home Assistant integration for Refoss devices.

It works in my HA 2024.06.3 docker instance. Hope this helps.

1 Like