How to access homeassistant/components/

Hi,

I would like to access to the homeassistant/components/ folder.
I tried differents ways without success

Is it possible to access to those files and folders ?

Do you have Configurator/File Editor installed?

Are you running in a python .venv ?
If not, then I ask myself : why ? There are ways, but every time you install/update the container everything you do in the components folder is replaced with the contents of the new container.

1 Like

If you want to change a component, you should rather copy the component code to the custom component folder and modifiy it there. Just make sure that you create a manifest.json file that includes a version tag.

1 Like

Thank you for your answers

In fact I would like to modify the entities files but I don t know where this file is …

What do you mean with modifying the entities files? There’s no such component called “entities”. What exactly do you want to do?

I would like to modify manualy the file that contains the entities.

I have restored a backup on another hardware with the same dungle Zwave but the integratin zwave don’t want to start.
I can delete and install a new version of the integration and my zwave devices are find.
New entities are created so I would like to restore the old one. I hope I could do that making a copy past of the old entities to the new file …

That should be somewhere in .storage in your configuration directory. I’m not sure if you’ll be able to hack it like this though.

If you can access the cache files from the old zwave add on and copy those over to the new machine, it shoud restore your old entities created by zwavejs. See this thread

As said by others, this is in the hidden .storage directory. I don’t think your plan will work.