How to add a Card with digital or analog clock in it in the Dashboard?

Hello! I think the “Simple Scheduler” add-on that I downloaded and added repetitive schedules in it is not following the system time. I just want to see if my schedules are triggered at the times that are in sync with the system time. I suspect that the “Simple Scheduler” is using randomly generated time!

Or shall I ask: how can I query the system time?

Thanks in advance.

Developer Tools → Template → {{ now() }}

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try later when I get home.

Well, I saw that my Home Assistant time is correct as shown on the template result column. Now, how do I use this code to display a digital or analog clock in a Card on my Dashboard? Thanks in advance.

If you use mushroom cards, use a chip > template > and paste ‘{{ now() }}’ in content

Thanks. But I don’t see “mushroom” card or “chip”. I’m lost.

Lovelace clock card from HACS.

Well, I searched the community and I found this: Analog Clock for Lovelace

And now I have this: (good enough for me)

What is “HACS”? Home Assistant Community Services? I’m new in Home Assistant and some abbreviations are still foreign to me. Sorry.

Home Assistant Community Store (I confess I had to look it up…).

It contains a very large number of “unofficial” integrations and dashboard cards produced by the community.

“Unofficial” seems to mean that they are not updated as part of the regular Home Assistant monthly schedule - nevertherless there’s a lot of interesting and useful stuff there.