How to add rounded corners to lovelace cards - within a theme?

This might have been discussed earlier, but can the rounded corners also be applied in a similar way to picture element cards?

Works perfectly for me on all cards

Even picture element cards? Mine remain square

Mine remain square as well
 if i recall @thomasloven said something about using the style override of overflow: false fixes it.

Yes. Some cards with background images don’t work well with rounded corners. The workaround, for now, is to add overflow: hidden using card-modder.

2 Likes

How to add those new variables to the default theme?

You can’t change the default theme, but if you make a new one with only those variables, it will fill in the rest from the default.

1 Like

I think the picture elements card should work with rounded corners in 0.89, by the way.

Thanks, it worked as expected

ok, I removed my card modder now and rounded cards works great. but is there a way to change background color for selective cards (in lovelace itself)? Thanks.

Some cards now allow you to specify a theme for the card itself, hopefully this will become standard.

1 Like

Doesn’t work on the bottom of @kalkih 's mini graph card FWIW

It will with the next update

1 Like

Good catch! Balloob wouldn’t let me add that as default to ha-card, so this is the recommended method.

Hey guys, I still can’t get rounded corners, what am I doing wrong here?

dark:
  # Background image
  background-image: 'center / cover no-repeat url("/local/night.jpg") fixed'
  ha-card-border-radius: ‘20px’

# Colors
  text-color: '#DADADB'                                                           # Grey text
  text-medium-light-color: '#A0A2A8'                                              # Medium-light grey text
  text-medium-color: '#80828A'                                                    # Medium grey text
  text-dark-color: '#6A6B74'                                                      # Dark grey text
  accent-color: '#008bef'                                                         # Blue
  accent-medium-color: '#2686c1'                                                  # Decent blue
  background-color: '#3b4049'                                                     # Dark grey background
  background-color-2: '#484E59'                                                   # Light grey background
  background-card-color: '#434952'                                                # Grey background
  border-color: '#383C46'                                                         # Grey border

# Header
  primary-color: '#363941'                                                        # Background
  text-primary-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                         # Text

# Left Menu
  paper-listbox-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                       # Background
  sidebar-icon-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'                                  # icons
  sidebar-selected-icon-color: 'var(--text-medium-light-color)'                   # Selected row icon and background (15%)
  sidebar-selected-text-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                # Selected row label

# UI
  paper-card-header-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                    # Title in settings
  primary-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                             # Background (also title background in left menu)
  mdc-theme-primary: 'var(--accent-medium-color)'                                 # Action Buttons (save, restart etc.)

# Card
  paper-card-background-color: 'var(--background-card-color)'                     # Background
  dark-primary-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  primary-text-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  paper-listbox-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  light-primary-color: 'var(--text-dark-color)'
  secondary-text-color: 'var(--text-medium-color)'
  disabled-text-color: 'var(--text-dark-color)'
  paper-dialog-button-color: 'var(--text-color)'
  secondary-background-color: 'var(--background-color-2)'                         # Background more info title

# Icons
  paper-item-icon-color: 'var(--text-dark-color)'                                 # Off
  paper-item-icon-active-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                             # On

# Switches
  paper-toggle-button-checked-button-color: 'var(--text-medium-light-color)'      # Knob On
  paper-toggle-button-checked-bar-color: '#009FFF'                                # Background On
  paper-toggle-button-unchecked-button-color: 'var(--text-medium-light-color)'    # Knob Off
  paper-toggle-button-unchecked-bar-color: '#767682'                              # Background Off

# Shadows
  shadow-elevation-2dp_-_box-shadow: 'inset 0px 0px 0px 1px var(--border-color)'
  shadow-elevation-4dp_-_box-shadow: 'var(--shadow-elevation-2dp_-_box-shadow)'
  shadow-elevation-6dp_-_box-shadow: 'var(--shadow-elevation-2dp_-_box-shadow)'
  shadow-elevation-8dp_-_box-shadow: 'var(--shadow-elevation-2dp_-_box-shadow)'
  shadow-elevation-10dp_-_box-shadow: 'var(--shadow-elevation-2dp_-_box-shadow)'
  shadow-elevation-12dp_-_box-shadow: 'var(--shadow-elevation-2dp_-_box-shadow)'
  shadow-elevation-14dp_-_box-shadow: 'var(--shadow-elevation-2dp_-_box-shadow)'
  shadow-elevation-16dp_-_box-shadow: '0px 0px 0px 3px var(--text-dark-color)'
1 Like

The quote marks are different to the others in the theme - they are wrong.

@DavidFW1960 thank you, well spotted, silly of me to miss it.

1 Like

got to get back on this, sorry to bump:

just added:

ha-card-border-radius: 6px;
  ha-card-box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19);

to my theme and used the frontend.reload_themes service, but it doesn’t show at all.

Isnt this the correct way to define border radius and shadow?

im trying to set globally what I now use on all my card mods:

style: |
      ha-card {
      --ha-card-background: 'var(--paper-card-background-color)';
      border-radius: 6px;
      box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19);
      }

update
wait, I think I found it:

ha-card-border-radius: '6px'
  ha-card-box-shadow: '0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19)'

does the trick.
and your frontend.reload_themes service!

hello; is it possible to add ha-card-border-radius: 15px to the default theme in HA? i got it working for my custom themes

Where to find the full documentation on frontend and settings?