How to add Sunrise & Sunset Cards

I’ve cloned the repository and will try to add it back to HACS soon.

10 Likes

Please add it back. I will leave my yaml as it is for now. Thank you!

I’ve added updated instructions to add this back manually.

I still having some issues to pass the validation needed to publish new components in HACS (it pass the old tests, but not the tests for new components), but I will work on this.

you can add it manually without it being in the hacs store. Many people do this.

1 Like

Including myself… :wink:
As I mentioned above, it is possible to add it manually… just the HACS store is pending and I’m working on this, but meanwhile I’m using the card (added manually).

Thank you! I added it manually.

1 Like

which also is a custom card :wink:

2 Likes

Do you mean to add it as a custom repository inside HACS or to add manually w/o HACS (i.e. manually download & add as a resource)?

You can add custom repositories to HACS as long as they have the proper folder structure. I have quite a few custom integrations that I don’t publish to anyone because I don’t want to support them. I still add them via HACS and use HACS to manage updates.

2 Likes

You can just add it manually: Download the home-assistant-sun-card.js file from the latest release available and save it in your configuration/www/community folder.

Go to Configuration > Lovelace dashboard > Resources in Home Assistant and click on Add resource.

Add /local/community/home-assistant-sun-card.js to the URL.

Choose Javascript Module as Resource type.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey Akos, can you add some more details to your info to help a beginner out?
I am running the HA on a nuc hardware and just getting into all that. (have some basic linux knowledge)
I cannot find the " your configuration/www/community" folder on my system though … i need a little hint there

Thank you

Uwe

Have you tried following the steps for installation as described in the repository?

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, EdwardTFN … as soon as i have solved the issue, that i cant seem to be able to add the repo… :frowning: I am sure, i can then follow these instructions :slight_smile:

Hmmm i managed to add the card finally :slight_smile: looking at t, i would like to suggest that the current time would make a useful additon to be shown on this card.

Uwe

1 Like

Notice about the future of that repository I’ve created to host the Sun card

As you may know, this repo was duplicated from AitorDB/home-assistant-sun-card which was archived on 2023-03-10, and just like this one, multiple other forks have been created in a rush to preserve this nice card in Home Assistant. And since then our fork have received some pull requests from users who wanted to contribute to this card.

However, one of the other forks, named rejuvenate/lovelace-horizon-card, has received more development and is now the recommended card to use for your Home Assistant installation. Therefore, we encourage you to switch to that repository for any future updates or contributions.

We understand that it may take some time for everyone to switch to the new repository, so we will keep this repository available for a while to give users a chance to migrate. However, we will not be actively developing or maintaining this repository going forward.

If you have contributed to this repository in the past, we appreciate your efforts and would like to kindly ask you to consider contributing to the rejuvenate/lovelace-horizon-card repository as well. Your help is greatly appreciated, and we hope to see you there!

3 Likes

Thing is…that card has issues with the layout, I am keeping a local copy of the old one as a private rep.

I notice that the lovelace-horizon-card.js file still references “polymer.” That’s deprecated in the current release, and is slated to be unsupported in future releases. Am I missing something?

Good catch :+1:

Good catch, @CaptTom.
Could you please report this as an issue on the rejuvenate/lovelace-horizon-card repo?