How to Adjust Brightness in Steps - Ideas

Hello,

I’m just looking for some ideas on the best way to accomplish this silly problem I am having with a Bond Controller, a Fan, Emulated Hue and Harmony Elite Remote.

I’ve added the Fan to my Harmony using the emulated Hue. The remote sees the can , but wants to control it more like a light. It has a brightness setting, but it requires me to hold down (or tap multiple times) the brightness rocker on the remote to change the speed of the fan. When the fans “brightness” exceeds 33% it changes to medium, etc.

The thing is in Home assistant there is a brightness slider as well, but it only allows setting to 33, 66, or 100%.

I dont know if creating a fan template would be best, or a fake light and some scripting, etc.

Basically this all boils down making harmony with emulated hue set levels in 33% increments.

Hi, maybe this can help: Tip: finetune a light dimmer/media player volume with a remote

Great idea. Quick response. :slight_smile: I was about to delete my post. but will keep it because I like you post. I realize my issue is just that it takes 3-5 seconds for harmony to update. So I get this behavior
Turn on fan on low
increase “brightness” and the fan speeds up
click in increase brighness again, and nothing happens, because the remote has not realized that the fan has sped up yet. If I wait 5 seconds between pushes it will work. Not my favorite solution, but I rarely change my fan speeds, so was more of an anoyance than anything.

Thanks again