How to backup lovelace?

If you don’t care about your history, no.

Nope, you don’t.

You can do that by moving those files to wherever you want.

Thanks! Is it possible to move the log file? I didn’t find that under “recorder” or “logger”

No, it’s not

I am loving the tools but still learning, sometimes a bit painfully. I had done a snapshot and copied to a PC before I used a new SD card on the Pi4 with the recent HassOS 4.13. I couldn’t work out how to restore simply and have been copying key YAML but when it came to lovelace dashboard settings I got lost. Good tip that it is saved in hidden .storage directory and I can see the lovelace config files so can backup manually. It is suggested that snapshot will capture these files but I can’t find them in the snapshot tar file. Should this work for HassOS 4.13?

Yeah they are somewhere in there. If you want to properly restore from a backup, it’s kindof a pita atm.

1. Install HomeAssistantOS
  2. Login to HA.
  3. Setup Samba Addon
  4. Browse to HA/Backup folder
  5. Drop in tar file.
  6. Go to restore page in HA.
  7. Click the Refresh button inside the UI (Not on the browser)
  8. Your tar file will appear.
  9. You can now restore from said backup.

Make sure to uncheck HA version, but you can just restore the current config.

1 Like

Thanks. For some reason I can’t get Samba to connect (may be firewall issue on PC) but using SSH I can see that .storage directory and have now been able to copy my older lovelace dashboard back there using WinSCP so now all back to where the dashboard should be.

I have changed to MariaDB as I felt the SQLlite option was causing me some I/O errors and separate task whether that can be backed up - not a big concern if that data is lost but the configs like lovelace critical.

If I “download” the snapshot from the GUI the long text string name is the other issue. If that is the copy I want to use I assume just needs a rename of that .tar to the “slug”: entry in snapshot.json and put into the backup directory. Is that correct to make it available?

The support in these community forums is awesome.