How to create a path from nodered in a docker to config file

I switched today from nodered as Addon to Nodered in a docker under Unraid.
The conversion worked fine, except the path for a file to store.
How is working path looking to go to the ha/config/www file?
I tried: : https://mijnwww/local/config/www/logboek
Any ideas?

Containers don’t have access to any part of the file system unless you explicitly define it. In the container’s definition, you need to map a volume from external location to internal location (visible inside the container).

The internal location can be whatever you want, so it could be “/ha/config/www”.

The external location depends on how you installed HA. For HAOS, the config folder is at “/mnt/data/supervisor/homeassistant”.

However I’m guessing that HA and Node Red are running on different machines - from what I can see HA runs under a virtual machine on Unraid. If this is the case, you could install the Samba Share add-on to make the config folder available to other machines.

Thank you for your answer.
Your right I’m running HA supervised in a VM under Unraid.
I did install the Samba addon
In unraid I created a mount to //HA/config
I did use as path: /mnt/remotes/HA_config/www/logboek.txt
But still getting an error

I still doing something wrong

Do I need to create a path in the nodered docker itself?

EDIT: I did found it out.
I indeed did need to make a path in de docker itself
Thanks again for the help

Hi @Canedje I see you managed to find a way to access the files in your node red docker container, I wondered if you could help on my query which is similar in nature?

My specific case is:

1. I have saved a file to the config/node red path name in my node red “save to storage” node
  2. I believe this file has become too large and is causing stability problems on my HA instance - I am experiencing reboots every 10 to 15 minutes
  3. I wish to access the file and save it down outside of home assistant and thereafter reconfigure the node red path to store externally

Here is the link to my other post:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/large-file-causing-reboot/645874

Any help would be appreciated

I think you are talking about an Addon docker in HA itself. I’m talking about a docker outsite HA running NodeRed under Unraid:

I see thanks.