How to delete a device / entity in ha

Hi there,

i want to deleta an entity / device in ha (a shelly)
With google I got a hint, that I have to do this with SSH.
But I dont understand which command / code i have to write in the ssh addon to creat an access to “storage”.

Can you please help me?
If i want to add the ip of the shelly i received the error message “device is already configurated”…+

Regards

The error message you get is usually because the device is already in Home Assistant, but under another name.
See if you can find it in the entities list and then just rename it.

Thanks for your quick answer, but there is no entity with this name…

exists a list with the shelly integrations, and I can delete this one buggy shelly complete?

If the entity is not linked to anything anymore, then you can delete it.
If its still linked, then you will be told that it can’t be deleted and pressing the button anyway will have no effect.

I am not completely sure about how the shelly integration is working, but if you did not use SSH under the installation, then I find it unlikely that you should under maintenance of the integration.
Home Assistant and many of the integrations have and still is evolving alot, so guides that are 1-2 years old are often outdated already.

but there is no delete button anywhere…
I cannot find any way to remove that device…

What is the right way to remove the whole device?
Supposed I need that cover not longer and sell the shelly.
How can I remove this device completely in HA?

Click the edit button (the pencil) next to the name and then disable it

okay and then?

it is deactivated, but not removed.

Because it’s still detected by the system. If you delete it, and the system detects it, the device wil be added again. This is to ensure it’s not added again.

and how can i delete it completly?
This is my target…
To delete this device complete and add it new…

You can only delete it when it’s not detected. So remove it from whatever is creating it outside HA

1 Like

okay got it.
I didnt realized, that in the integration tab was n filter active…
After removing the filter the deactivated shelly appeared and I removed it.

I am a bit lost.

One of my Shelly 1 “died”. SDo I thught I make it easy:

• Configure a new one
  • Give it the IP of the died one

…and that’*s it.

Did not work. I had to discover it and configure it completely in HA. The Problem now: I have the device twice in HA and I do not manage to delete it.

Can someone help?

you have to restart after removing the dead one. Otherwise home assistant thinks it’s just being quiet. For future reference, if you just gave it the same IP, you just had to restart without any config changes and it would have picked the new one back up.

There is no delete button on the device page but there is one on the integrations page.
Go to integrations and select the device from the shelly box:
grafik

The you will find the delete command in the 3-dots menu

Hi - im also having problems trying to delete a device…the delete button is greyed out… and no matter what i do disabling, hiding, doesnt matter - i cant delete…the device is an rgb bulb that i want to remove from zha and add to mqtt

You need to delete it in ZHA and then if ZHA does not remove it itself, only then will you have to remove it manually from HA.