How to delete old device tracker entities shown in UI as "this entity does not have a unique ID therefore it's settings cannot be managed from the UI"

Hi all,

I’ve acquired some zombie device trackers over the last year for old device names, but I have deleted my .ios_conf and commented them all out of the known_devices.yaml and restarted, but I simply cannot get them to go away. They aren’t listed in any of my config.yaml or anywhere else.

I always have a hard time finding the right one that’s actually active… Anyone know how to delete these?

If you’re sure you can’t find anything in your manual config then the only was I know would be to (carefully!) edit the entity_registry file in the .storage directory.

2 Likes

Quick question, should the ones I want to keep still be in known_devices.yaml or is that no longer used with the 2.0 app that’s configured via UI?

I don’t think that the known_devices.yaml is used for those any more. There are actually very few integrations that use it.

You can try to comment those out and see if it makes any difference or not. If it does cause problems then put them back. Very easy to do using the yaml config. Almost impossible using the UI config

Alright I’ll give it a shot.

You were right, it doesn’t need the known_devices.yaml at all any more for iOS, only for other device trackers… Thanks.