How to downgrade addons?

I believe my Zigbee2MQTT add-on latest version has broken so device compatibility. To check/solve this I want to go back to a previous version. I do backups but it’s likely that I’ve already deleted those old backups.

Is there any way to just specify what version to pull? Can I “upgrade” to an old version in the ha cli?

No.

If you can document an error put it on the z2m github.

How/where do you get the zip from?

I’m trying to file a bug report for an addon and want to provide what version it broke but my backups skips over like 10 version numbers, I’d like to try and get the older ones to test so I can provide more useful “works ay X broke at Y” details but don’t know how to get it.

I am trying to downgrade one of my esp device to an older version. I have downloaded the version I want to revert. Added to the addon folder. Refresh check for update. I can see the new Local add-ons and the existing current version of Esphome.

If I install from the local add-on section, will it overwrite the current installed Esphome or will it install a second version of Esphome along side of it? Do I uninstall the existing Esphome before install from the local add-ons section??

You’ve probably resolved your issue by now, but I wanted to leave this breadcrumb for future Googlers.

I ended up forking the official community add-on repo and modifying the config.yaml file to specify the version I wanted.

Then, it’s a matter of adding my custom repo, installing, and figuring out the backup restore.

2 Likes

Interesting - I actually ended up digging out some older backup HDs and booted my old HA disk images managed to find backups of the addon from far earlier I was able to use but it was an absolute nightmare.