How to edit the config.txt file?

I need to edit the config.txt to disable bluetooth so I can run a Raspbee II on a Raspberry Pi 4.

I have researched the forums and found people with the same question and various solutions offered. None of these have worked for me. I don’t have access to a Windows machine - I have a Mac but do have access to another Rpi. I have tried both and neither expose the illusive config.txt file.

Surely this must be a common ask? Is there a reliable step-by-step guide to do this?

Thanks

I think this post has the info you need. It highlights here that the partition that contains “config.txt” does not auto-mount, so it can be hard to find. The author shows the commands to use to mount it, but note there’s a typo (mint should be mnt at one point). Also the “sda1” may need to be changed based on the output you see from “lsblk”.

Once you’ve got it mounted, you can use an editor to change it, but if you do so on the HA Pi, the only installed editor I’m aware of is VIM. This can be tricky to use, so here is a cheat sheet for the commands.

Alternatively, as indicated here, HA has a built-in capability to load config from an attached USB stick, although you now have to use ha os import as the UI function has been removed.

1 Like

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply. I had tried a few of those methods. No luck!

My wife has a Windows laptop but security bars the use of USBs and SD cards! I eventually remembered that I had an old Windows XP notebook in the attic. Went up and dusted it down. All worked fine!

Now that I have a config.txt file if I need to do something further, I can look at the USB import.

Thanks!

Brian

Hello,

this is helpfull however could you give some more information.
I cannot find what exactly will be imported, do I need to add the complete config.txt or only the parts I want to change.
and if so, In what folder should I put this?

Thank you. That was great help. Opened file on Windows10