How to exclude entities from Home Assistant now that hidden has been deprecated?

Thanks. Missed it. That must be a bug, reloading input numbers should have done the job

Yes, I feel the same way about it. In fact, I expected it to not have to perform any additional step (certainly not a restart) because it was an input_number created via the UI and not in configuration.yaml. Upon its creation, it was instantly available. I felt it should behave the same way upon being re-enabled.

Not everyone who uses HA is actively involved in the discussion, unless something goes wrong. There are some folks who want to set it and forget it as much as possible.

So if they caused so much chatter, I guess the chatter wasn’t enough to convince the folks to reconsider their deprecation? Or at least, work out how to support use cases via other means?

For me, the hiding of entities, I assumed there was a way to disable/hide entities from HA entirely and didn’t think much about deprecating the hiding of the entities from the UI.

How do you get rid of “unavailable” entities? They are entities that no longer exist.

Look in the Entities view in the Status column. If the unavailable entity has a red circle icon, click it and will allow you to remove it.

If the icon is a pencil with slash-line through it, that means the entity does not have a unique_id and cannot be managed via the UI. It may have been created manually so check your configuration files.

Thanks for the response @Taras. When I try that I get “This entity does not have a unique ID, therefore its settings cannot be managed from the UI.” Can I get rid off these?