How to get access at damn host system?

That is not a home assistant file. Perhaps an add-on or customization you did

1 Like

It is a simple file that tells the system if you’ve set up a user or not. If it doesn’t exist, it should be prompting you to setup a user

This indicates to me you have cookies saved on the browser that’s trying to auth you.

Nope I deleted them both in Firefox for that IP and in Chrome all including history and data to be sure :frowning:
Let me a minute and try with cellphone browser I never used for ha !

Tried with three different browsers on different devices that have never seen ha and cleaned their cache and data before and still same result :frowning:

At this point, based on the symptoms as well as all the attempts at fixes (which might be difficult to undo), I’d suggest installing a fresh HassOS instance and restoring your config from backups.

It’s what I’m doing right now but that’s still crazy not to be able to reset the authentication system without reinstalling from scratch ! There is a serious flaw design there I think in HA !!
Perhaps I should report it as a bug ? not sure where the best to do that :confused:

At that point you are back to home assistant that has not been loggid into before. What happens if you just make a new login from there?

I know it’s in french the screen capture but if you check it you’ll see it’s a login page not one where I can create an account !!

If I recall correctly, it doesn’t look like a “sign up” page…

It has an extra field to give name at account you create :wink: I know it well now that I have reinstalled system to recover my access at it :smiley:

This might be a shot in the dark but have you tried to open home assistant in incognito mode (after erasing all files) so that you don’t have any cookies or other things stored for that domain?

Not in incognito mode but having first cleared all cache, cookies, data in browser first I did it but not more success :frowning: I tried also with browsers that were completely clean and never used to access any HA instances…

@vincen did you resolve this issue. I’m having the same problem. I’m able to access HASSIO in my cellphone and also via my computers browser but I’m not able to log in the raspberry PI.

If you are using the Rpi image you cannot access it via ssh

Yes you can, if you added the ssh addon (which is the first thing you should do after installing hassos)

Yes, but I do not think @sete is talking about that

new url:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for that link and updated documentation :wink: Saved in my special HA bookmarks folder :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to Home Assistant
hassio login: root

No password required