How to get data from the DSMR smart energy meter to my Home Assistant VM

Hi,

I’m running Home Assistant in a VM on an old Windows machine, which is on the first floor. My energy meter is on the ground floor and compatible with the DSMR integration. What would be the best way to get the data from the P1 port on my smart meter, to the VM.

I have a Raspberry Pi laying around that I don’t use. Should I install a second instance of Home Assistant on that and connect it (via a P1 to USB cable) to the smart meter? How would I then go ahead and get the energy data to my main instance for Home Assistant on the Windows machine?

https://www.youless.nl/home.html

Hi,

SOLVED:

The question:
I suspect I already asked you this on the acutual slimmelezer+ site, but this might be a better forum actually.

I got a swedish HAN-port (RJ12) but that apparently uses the DLSM/COSEM (IEC 62056-21). (Also mentions HDLC/COSEM in the meter manual).

I connected the slimmelezer+ to the port and added it to WIFI and Home Assistant, but due to the protocol (I guess) i dont get any data.

Is there anything I can do to be able to use the slimmelezer device to get data, for this protocol, into HA? I’m no developer, rather rookie at this stuff, so if its complicated I will quickly run into issues =) But if there are some fairly straight forward guides/methods that others have used i could hopefully get it to work.

I tried to order P1 reader ethernet to Finland, but there was not shipping method available.

Can this be fixed somehow?