How to get more support for Sonoff TRVZB in ZHA

Hello,

I’m looking which thermostats I could use in my house together with HA. I found the Sonoff TRVZB having quite a goog quality and a good price. I bought one for testing and connected it via ZHA which works fine for basic tasks. But I found here:

that the TRV seems to support much more attributes than I see now, for example a child lock state or local_temperature_calibration.

It seems that Zigbee2mqtt is working to access these missing attributes in HA:

What is the way to get these attributes in ZHA as well? Is there a way to add them on my own? Or can you ask HA-developers to add these attributes somehow?

I’m not so deep in the internals right now, but it looks like it needs support on both sides. First, the integration (ZHA and/or Z2M) and HA itself, to get the needed endpoints/settings shown.

Thnaks for your reply. It seems to me that the zigbee2mqtt-project is able to access these features, so my guess was that they are already exposed somehome and “just” needed to be included in ZHA somehow.

I opened an issue on github / zha. You might want to support it:

2 Likes

Does this valve have hardware to support pin position?

Does this valve have hardware to support pin position?

I’m not sure. I might be wrong, but for what I read it seems that this information is not yet exposed to/from Zigbee. Might be included in a future firmeware-update, the TRV is very new.

I’d just like to cross-link a post of mine here regarding temperature calibration using zha_toolkit if someone stumbles upon this post.

2 Likes