How to handle heater with 4 settings?

Hi

I’m going to control some electric heaters that use “Fil Pilote” system. It’s pretty french system but found a design on jeedom forum to control it with ESP. It’s a little original control as instead of saying on/off, it has four states:

• Off
  • Out of freeze conditions
  • Eco
  • Confort

I want to use the regular HA thermostat but how to interface both ? should I do some codes in ESP to make it look like a regular thermostat or do some tricks on HA side ?

Thanks for your advices and ideas (not sure how to attack the problem :confused:

Vincèn

1 Like

I had the same problem but wanted to have the condition i could still use my manual thermostat on the wall in case of internet goes down. I used an ESP directly on my central heating unit that switches a on off relay on my terminals. Then i programmed the corresponding eco modes in HA. Maybe that can work for you too.

I don’t know how to get the data from your existing thermostat. I did not want to tinker with it myself

Thanks for link but your link is just showing regular use of thermostat system (I already did that in past where basically you just have a heat relay and that’s it !). Mine is more complicated as I have four relays for the different state of heating system and so HA should trigger one of them depending of thermostat setup and ambient temperature :wink: