How to increase timeout for restore_state and/or persistence package?

I run hass.io on RPi3. In general it works great - but now I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out why restore_state doesn’t work for me.

When I run my full config I get a lot of “Setup of [whatever] is taking over 10 seconds.”, but it has never affected functionality before.

I also tried the nice persistence package from dale3h. However, it only works for me if I remove most of my config. Without Zwave, discovery, ping sensors and so on it works as supposed. All affected items restore their state.

So, my conclusion is that the startup is to slow. That said I suppose I have three choices:
Move to faster hardware / Remove some functionality / Increase timeout

Since I am very satisfied with RPi3/hass.io, I hope to be able to continue that path and hence would like to increase the timeout. I’m not in a hurry - it doesn’t matter if the restart procedure takes 2 or 4 minutes. But it is important that my alarm and heater-schedules are reactivated to same state after a power outage (and planned restart as well).

Is there any way to increase the timeouts?

Any other solution is naturally also welcome!

After more testing, it seems as it is the “restart from hass.io” feature that breaks the automations.

See https://community.home-assistant.io/t/restore-state-and-automations-only-work-if-i-dont-restart-from-hass-io-menu/43439/2