How to make browser notifications that will works without Internet?

Hey guys, I’m second day with Home Assistant, and I don’t know much yet, please, help me with one thing. I use the portable version of HA, which just runs it all through .cmd, and I manage it through 127.0.0.1. I really need notifications to the same PC where it’s running, that will works without internet. So, I guess notify.events and similar methods doesn’t for me, cause it requires the Internet.

I think the best solution is browser notifications, which just check the notification bar on 127.0.0.1 (I’m about persistent notification) and send information from there. Is there anything like this? I think it can work even without integration into HA, by means of a regular browser extension…

Unless you want to use a mobile app: Local Push | Home Assistant Companion Docs.

But I need for Windows. Yea, probably I can use android emulator, with notifications support, but isn’t a browser extension easier…

I understand what you asked for. I gave you an alternative option, which you don’t have to use.

This tells me two things: you might be open to alternatives, and that you are making assumptions.

What research have you done?

Here’s a lead: WTH is there no Home Assistant app for Windows - #11 by SeanM. I’m not saying this answers your requirement to not make use of the Internet for notifications but maybe it gets you somewhere.

Would this be an option for you??
64o2fMc

1 Like

Will it work without internet?

Should be, it is using MQTT, which is local only…