How to make Eaton wireless (z-wave) companion / accessory switch usable as switch?

I have an Eaton “anywhere switch” / 9575 on the wall by my bed. It’s a battery zwave switch intended to be paired with a zwave device (or more), but I’ve used it with Smart Things for years to activate other scenes.

I moved it to zwave.js last week, and it doesn’t show up as a switch. It shows up as basically nothing; I can just ping it, get the status, show the firmware version etc. Debug logs show it on the network when I push the buttons. But no on/off or dim/bright. Smart Things recognized the on/off button and state. Any idea how I actually get access to the button press events in Home Assistant?

I have the diagnostics here - zwave_js-f8ee3acec2bf8525df166b03006fcad6-Magic Switch-90fef9b80427c6b77a6b0b560f610a2a.json - Google Drive.
And the debug log of what happens when I press the three buttons on it here - Home Assistant 2023-01-19 23_49_27.txt - Google Drive

The docs seem to indicate that it can join a couple of ways, but only one seems to work and it’s the same as what I did with smartthings, so I don’t think I’m joining incorrectly?

The user guide at https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/wiring-devices-and-connectivity/wiring-devices/z-wave-wireless-collection/anyplace-switch-rf9575-user-guide.pdf doesn’t exactly tell me how to fix this. It’s definitely joined as an accessory.

Looks like the Smartthings driver is probably at SmartThingsPublic/cooper-rf9500.groovy at 4f74e46a3931892ab39a8321a6bedf8dd503468e · SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub