How to move my zigbee coordinator to my VM?

Hello.
For some years not I have been using a separate rasperrypi to host my zigbee2mqtt. I got tired of it an additional point of failure, and I decided to put the usb stick directly in my homeassistant.

I made a backup of my zigbee2mqtt setup, I sticked the usb adapter on my nuc, configured passthrough and setup zigbee2mqtt to use the right usb device.
Then, before staarting it a copied over my devices.yaml and also the state.json file

Started zigbee2mqtt and the devices appear there, however, there are some weird things.
First, I some devices that used to work (mwave presence sensors) now give me errors about bing unsupported. Also, I am not able to join new devices to the network.

Did I copied over too many files? Should I have done something differently? Is something that is preventing my usb stick to work just half how it should?

Ok, I put the integration into debug mode, and it seems the device announces, pairs but then fails to finish pairing:

info Device '0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d' joined
info MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/event', payload '{"data":{"friendly_name":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d","ieee_address":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d"},"type":"device_joined"}'
info Starting interview of '0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d'
info MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/event', payload '{"data":{"friendly_name":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d","ieee_address":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d","status":"started"},"type":"device_interview"}'
info MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"message":{"friendly_name":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d"},"type":"device_connected"}'
info MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"message":"interview_started","meta":{"friendly_name":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d"},"type":"pairing"}'
debug Device '0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d' announced itself
info MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/event', payload '{"data":{"friendly_name":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d","ieee_address":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d"},"type":"device_announce"}'
info MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"message":"announce","meta":{"friendly_name":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d"},"type":"device_announced"}'
debug Received Zigbee message from '0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d', type 'commandQueryNextImageRequest', cluster 'genOta', data '{"fieldControl":1,"fileVersion":16777316,"imageType":6456,"manufacturerCode":4476}' from endpoint 1 with groupID 0
debug Skipping message, definition is undefined and still interviewing
debug Received Zigbee message from '0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d', type 'commandQueryNextImageRequest', cluster 'genOta', data '{"fieldControl":1,"fileVersion":16777316,"imageType":6456,"manufacturerCode":4476}' from endpoint 1 with groupID 0
debug Saving state to file /config/zigbee2mqtt/state.json
error Failed to interview '0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d', device has not successfully been paired
info MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/event', payload '{"data":{"friendly_name":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d","ieee_address":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d","status":"failed"},"type":"device_interview"}'
info MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"message":"interview_failed","meta":{"friendly_name":"0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d"},"type":"pairing"}'
debug Saving state to file /config/zigbee2mqtt/state.json
Failed to interview '0x8c65a3fffe0dcc9d', device has not successfully been paired

If you have already configured all the correct settings and permissions to properly enabled USB pass-through to the virtual machine, but this is the wrong place to askj about that, post in the Zigbee2MQTT discussions or forum for your virtual machine manager and operating-system if need further help with such configurations → Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · Discussions · GitHub

Tip there is that those symptoms are generally likely to be a Zigbee issue which normally means either EMI/RMI/EMF interference or simply having too few Zigbee Router devices (or a combination of both those) is usually the problem. Start by adding a long USB extension cable to the Zigbee Coordinator adapter and connect it either to a USB 2.0 port or via a USB 2.0 hub and then read and try to follow all these other best practice tips which are written to be universal for all Zigbee implementations → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimize using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get a stable mesh network with best possible range and coverage

PS: Note that for Zigbee2MQTT you want to post to their community instead regardless → Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · Discussions · GitHub

I keep getting this notification, not sure if I should ignore it or take it:
Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 12.57.15

If you want to use ZHA, configure.
If you want to use Zigbee2mqtt, ignore.

I assume I can’t use both, right?

Unfortunately not

Ok, thanks. I will stick to zigbee2mqtt for now.