How to open Garage Door when approaching the house using MyQ

I have a Chamberlain garage door attached to MyQ gateway for automation. The MyQ app works fine for the garage door… however i have seen people automate opening and closing of the garage door when approaching the house within X meters/feet away from the home. How can i do this?

1 Like

Please consider safety when opting in for automatic opening such a gateways

Super safe, I have locks on the door leading into the house from the garage. I’d like to open the garage based on geo location only when I am 10 meter away from the door.

I had this on my SmartThings automation, so there’s nothing on HA for this?

I meant that when operating the gateway you have be sure there are no children, pets or even other persons the door could wound.
It’s just general remark. It seems you have it. covered.

10m is great precision of geo location. But you did prove that with SmartThings.
The only way I know in HA is using zones. You can set home zone diameter (considering we talk about house inside the zone) to lower value (probably it has to be done in configuration.yaml), or create another zone just around the gateway. The use one of those zones in automations

I’ve been using this for the past 5 years with great success: WiFi/MQTT car presence sensor for garage door automation

Have a look at this Proximity - Home Assistant

Thanks, and sorry for the late reply. Did u every make this work? I was able to add the proximity sensor to the config file. but now how to i make the logic to open the garage door when approaching. My device tracker is my phone.