How to pick a port for wyoming protocol?

Very confused. In installed piper and whisper through add-ons and restarted. Then I tried to add wyoming as an integration and it’s asking me for host. i tried localohost and port 10300 and 10200 but neither worked. Also tried my ip directly and still didn’t work. I don’t see any documentation explaining this. Could someone please help me out?

Usually, these add-ons inform home assistant about their existence and home assistant picks up all required information (discovered integration), you just need to click submit on integration page.

[08:45:24] INFO: Successfully send discovery information to Home Assistant.

When trying to add wyoming integration, both Host and Port are mandatory.
What is expected to go in here?
note: running docker homeassistant/home-assistant on synology nas.

1 Like

Same issue here - did you ever figure it out?

Same issue here. Any solution yet?

I had the same issue. I am running HA using docker - perhaps it is different for other versions.

I solved it (with help from comments in this GitHub issue and this community thread) by creating docker containers for Whisper and Piper before adding the add-ons in HA. Here’s the relevant bit of my Docker compose file (see linked community thread for more details):

wyoming-whisper:
    image: rhasspy/wyoming-whisper
    container_name: wyoming-whisper
    ports:
      - 10300:10300
    volumes:
      - /srv/docker/wyoming-whisper/data:/data
    command: "--model tiny-int8"
    restart: unless-stopped

wyoming-piper:
    image: rhasspy/wyoming-piper
    container_name: wyoming-piper
    ports:
      - 10200:10200
    volumes:
      - /srv/docker/wyoming-piper/data:/data
    command: "--voice en_US-lessac-medium"
    restart: unless-stopped

Once I had these containers running, I added the Whisper and Piper add-ons in the Home Assistant interface using my Docker bridge network’s IP address and ports 10300 and 10200. They then appeared as entities in the Wyoming Protocol integration.

The rest of the assist pipeline instructions worked fine for me.

2 Likes

You have to simply enter the ip address or the hostname and port of a wyoming application such as piper, whisper or openwakeword. If you use docker compose to start your ha stack, you can use the container name instead of his ip address.
When you press “Submit” HA will detect the application and after that you can select it in Assist configuration.