How to restart BOSE SoundTouch core integration?

I’m using this core integration.

It does not appear in my Configuration / Integrations list. This uses local polling and for whatever reason sometimes it messes up and is no longer able to poll. Since it does not appear in my integrations list I’m not able to restart the integration using the three dots menu.

Is there a way to have this core integration listed in my list or is there a service call I can do to restart the integration? I have to restart Home Assistant in order for the integration to start working again.

Thanks!!

Did you add this using discovery or YAML?

I added using Discovery

You could try manually configuring it to see if that is more reliable.

I can try doing a manual configuration. Since I did the discovery method initially do I need to remove that first? If so I’m wondering how I can do that since SoundTouch does not show in my Integrations.

Thank you!!

I would assume so, yes.

I’m really not sure why it’s not showing there if it was discovered. Is there a listing in Configuration / Devices?

I don’t have anything relating to BOSE SoundTouch in the Devices. What I do have are media player entities for each player. I could try deleting those entities. I just wonder what behind the scenes the discovery of BOSE SoundTouch has setup.

Yeah don’t do that yet. I’ll see if I can find out.

I decided I just had to go for it. I added this to my configuration.yaml

discovery:
  ignore:
    - bose_soundtouch

and then restarted Home Assistant. The only things I could find in my .storage directory was in the file called core.restore_state

I edited that file to remove the old media players and restarted Home Assistant again. The orphan media player entities were gone. It appears that was all that was done by Home Assistant.

I then added the SoundTouch players into configuration.yaml manually following this guide, Bose Soundtouch - Home Assistant
I have a split config for my configuration.yaml so I just had to add entries into the correct folder etc.

So far so good. I have the media player entities back for the SoundTouch players. Fingers crossed this helps the stability.

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

@VPC In case you are still using Bose SoundTouch speakers with Home Assistant, I have developed a custom component called SoundTouchPlus that breathes new life into the SoundTouch support. Here’s some more information in another thread on the details if you want to check it out.