How to send a "Set Configuration" command instead of "ON" command?

Hello everyone,

I am looking at Aeon Doorbell Speaker https://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-ZW056-z-wave-doorbell/dp/B0182XG27Q
and it looks like the speaker can play custom MP3 sounds based on different events.

Say, if a front door is opened, the speaker can say loudly that the front door is open; if the backdoor is opened, the speaker can say that the backdoor is open.

It looks like the speaker shows up as a switch-device.

However, instead of switch.turn_on, you need to send a different Z-wave command: SET CONFIGURATION for parameter 6.

The value that you set for parameter 6 describes which MP3 is to be played.

I couldn’t find any way to do switch.set_configuration_parameter instead of switch.turn_on?
What is the best way to send a SET CONFIGURATION command to a zwave device in Home Assistant?

Thanks!

You can’t do it directly from HA yet - but check out Open Zwave Control Panel - that will enable you to set the device up then HA should be able to do the rest.

Unless I am missing something Ozwcp can’t help here at all.
SET CONFIGURATION needs to be executed each time an event is triggered. Not just once.

Basically, this is how the speaker is notified which MP3 to play at that moment in time.

I wonder if any support for switch.set_configuration action is being planned right now? AFAIK this would be the only way that such a peaker could be used with HA.

I know this is an old thread, but exactly my question. Is there any way in Home Assistant currently to do this?

I guess zwave service “set_config_parameter” (https://home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/services/) could be used?

in an automation action, call this:

action:
- service: zwave.set_config_parameter
  data_template: {
    "node_id": 39,
    "parameter": 8,
    "value": 10
    }

parameter 8 is the volume. To change the ringtone played, that’s parameter 6 and it plays as soon as the parameter has a non-zero value. This is the format when using the zwave.set_config_parameter service call.

I’m going to bump this up. I’m looking to create a switch that can send zwave set_config_parameter depending on the mode I want. I have Dome Sirens and want to change their modes from the UI. For example, turn them off entirely or on, change volumes etc.

How would one go about putting something in the UI that can send a set_config_parameter with data? Is it possible to create a switch that can do this (and then have many switches that are preset to the data I want sent?)

Just define a switch (aka input_boolean) and then use an automation that triggers when it changes it’s state.
Like:

input_boolean:
	theSwitch:
		initial: False
		name: "Trigger ZWave Device Config Change"

automation:
	alias: 'ZWave Config Change on Switch Event'
	trigger:
		platform: state
		entity_id: input_boolean.theSwitch
		state: 'on'
	condition: