How to send percentage values via "knx.send" service?

you should still be able to turn the HUE lights on and off and even dim them with the KNX switches. That at least is still working for me atm. That nothing is happening at all for you is quite odd though. Do you see anything in the logfile?

No I see nothing in the logs, dunno want’s wrong, but if color is broken maybe it’s easier for me to use automation for the few Hue lights that I have. Thank you very much for your help anyway, and if one day you update your code do not hesitate to share, it’s always appreciated :wink:
Best regards !

Hi da-anda,

Since i setup my home assistant again i cannot get the dimming from my glastaster work anymore
do you have a newer version of you code thats compatible with appdeamon 4 maybe?

Hi. Sorry, haven’t messed with this script for ages, and don’t really dim via KNX anymore, so can’t say if it’s still working on my end. AFAIK HA has some new features that might help making this thing better, but don’t really have the time to look into it right now. Maybe over the holidays.

Hi no problem, but if you have the time i will apreciate it :wink:
Use the script on the toilet and bathroom to switch the hue lights over the knx motion sensors and thats still working perfectly without to many automations in my config!!

First of all my respect for the great work who has been done and shared here.
I’ve been able to quickly link my KNX laboratory buttons to my Hue landscape.

On/off is working fine. Dimming is functional, but quit confusing.
With my switch (MDT Glastaster 2) I can dim up/down a Hue lamp. The light brightness is pushed back to the KNX bus and shown on the switch. So far so great.

But: When I press and hold the dim up/down button, the dim action is done from 0 to 100% (and vice versa) The action is going on even when I release the button immediate after dimming has started.
The lamp is carrying out the dim action and is fading up/down completly.

my apps.yaml code

hue2knx_tvlampe:
  module: hue2knx
  class: Hue2Knx
  entity: 'light.filament_tv'
  toggleAddress: '1/1/3'
  dimmAddress: '1/2/3'
  stateAddress: '1/4/3'
  brightnessAddress: '1/4/4'

Anyone with an idear what could be wrong on my setup?

Cheers, Daniel

Hi!
I’ve never used hue2knx nor Appdaemon but you can use “standard” HA automations and knx expose setup to do this.
Blueprint for dimming with DPT3: KNX - relative dimming for lights
KNX Expose: KNX - Home Assistant

knx:
  expose:
    - type: percentU8
      entity_id: light.filament_tv
      attribute: brightness
      default: 0
      address: "1/4/4"

Hi farmio,
many thanks for the hint to your Blueprint. Imported it, added the toggle and dim adresses and added your expose code.
Et voila a working Hue light dimmer on the MDT Glastaster 2 within minutes.
Many thanks.
Daniel

1 Like

@farmio do you know if exposing the light color to KNX is also working via a simple expose knx config? My (rather clunky) script does handle that as well, not very good though since despite my efforts step repetition seems to queue up and continue to fire even after you released the button. But since I barely dim nor change the color via KNX these days, I simply haven’t found any motivation to spend more time on this app-deamon script.

No, color has no sensor-Type you could use. An automation with a template creating the raw value to be sent by knx.send could work almost like an exposure.