How to setup Zehnder Comfoair Q Boost mode?

Hey Vincent,

I just noticed that they have updated the Zehnder Plugin:
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/comfoconnect/

As you can see, now there are a lot more sensor available. However, I am not at home over Christmas to give it a try…

see you
Jan

how. really interesting, … it seems that we can now have the 4 temperature sensor.
i will try that soon

It works for me :+1:t2:

for me too … it’s great, but i don’t see something for activate the boost mode

Hi Vincent have You managed how to trigger boost mode ?

@Vincent did you manage to get the boost function to work? I also wonder if someone has an example of a lovelace card to control the fan speeds

Hi, i did that but this requires some modification of comfoconnect module python file.
I don’t have lovelace card to control it because I bought remote buttons by Aqara and I use them to control it.

Modification depends on comfoconnect module and HA version.

Does anyone know if the bypass state could be controlled for passive cooling? I would like to active it based on external sensors/room thermostats.

I’ve made a request to add new commands (including bypass) and sensors into HA zehnder component as there are avalaible in the pycomfoconnect library…
Here is the link : Add all other sensors in comfoconnect

I have comfoair q350 - lan connect C and hassio.
I installed some sensors on my frontend but the button to regulate the fan speed only allows me to switch on/off only.
Inside the entity properties there are off-low-medium-high choices but i’m not able to build a button in lovelace showing those steps. I travelled on internet several days without success; can you explain how to have a button controlling hte speed
Thanks

i’ve not try it for the moment, but it should work if you call the fan.set_speed service

thank you for you prompt reply; in my system I only see sensor.comfoairq_supply_fan_speed - I’m not an HA expert, is it possible to create the enrtity you mention?

in HA, if you go to developpement tools, and then to services, and then if you type fan. you should see all fan methode, then select the set_speed
under that, (in the entity field), type fan. then you should see fan.comfoairq

if you see that, normally you can test the call of the service, if it’s working, you need to make the same call behind a button

if you didn’t see that, maybe you confoairq is not installed correctly

(i have the q600 with a lan connect c, i suppose this is exactly the same with your q350)

1 Like

it works, fantastic, thank you Vicent

Hi !

Can you post an example, I’m new and I’m not able to do what’s described in the post.

Thanks
Tom

Hi Guys! Lurking here.

fan.set_speed is deprecated now :frowning: - doesn’t exist anymore.
look here: Fan - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

Any idea on how to do this now?

Thank you!

@michaelarnauts apologies for poking directly. I see you did an amazing work with your lib for comfoconnect and it does have the boost mode implemented. Are you planning to get that functionality into hass anytime soon? thanks!

Boost is the same as high, except that it has an timeout. You can take a look at the rpm sensors and see it’s the same.

I have an updated component though, that can be installed trough HACS. It’s based on a new aiocomfoconnect library. You should be able to find a thread here on the forums about it.

1 Like

Missed that HACS plugin. Works great, thank you very much!

What plugin did you set up?