How to stop Ikea Tradfri remote from natively controlling Tradfri bulb?

The other day I purchased a Tradfri bulb, tradfri outlet, and a 5 button remote. They didn’t come as part of a package (where they would already be paired from the factory) and were purchased separately. I set them up in ZHA but it seems that the remote hopped onto the bulb and is sending it native commands (left and right change colors for example. Nowhere do I have this set up in HA) as while also sending events to HA. The visualization confirms that it’s connected to the bulb. Is there any way I can stop this?

It already is paired with ZHA and I’m receiving events. It’s just also sending commands to the bulb at the same time.

For example I have the left and right buttons mapped in HA to toggle on/off two different lights. However it seems that the native function for the left/right buttons is to change the bulb color. So when I press the right button it fires the automation to turn off one of the other lamps in the room, but then also changes the color of the IKEA bulb.

You need to unbind the remote, see https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant.io/pull/16336