How to update conbee II on hassio with deconz/phoscon integration?

This worked for me, but only after I removed my other USB Z-wave stick. Posting just to say thanks and letting others know if they run into the same problem!

Had the same error, and my RaspBee II doesn’t work since. But unlike you it didn’t work after unplugging it :confused: guess it’s broken now, I cant make home assistant nor ZHA see it anymore.

Thanks for this! worked like a charm

How can I see what my current firmware is?

I’ve tried this and I’m going round in circles it seems with no progress.

I’ve flashed the latest firmware, but now its not even showing in the dropdown in Deconz and still says not connected on the firmware in Phoscon :confused:

I’ve also manually edited the xml for the Home Assistant VM (on Unraid, KVM) instead of attaching in the UI… and nothing.

What am I missing?

I’ve updated my stick twice and I always resort to doing it on Windows (I use an RPI4 to run HA) and it works just fine. I usually install Phoscon for Win, download the firmware binary and follow their instructions for doing it from an admin terminal.

Hello,
I hope you are doing well
I tried the solution above, followed the steps, but when I specify the filename of the latest firmware file I’m always getting this error:

any suggestions?

1 Like

Have the exact same issue :confused:
Trying to figure it out by googling, but so far no success.

Something that looks different on my side is that the device is not listed as for you:

Great if anybody could help out :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

No idea what causes the issue, but using a volume fixed it for me.
Use this command in step 3: docker run -it --rm --entrypoint "/firmware-update.sh" --privileged --cap-add=ALL -v /dev:/dev -v /lib/modules:/lib/modules -v /sys:/sys -v /usr/share/deCONZ/firmware deconzcommunity/deconz

2 Likes

wow. that worked!!! thanks so much

Docker is not considered output. How can I get it working?

Or how do I turn off the protection?

Supervisor 2023.10.0
Operating System 11.0
Frontend-versie: 20231005.0 - latest

I have run through the Update willing to update the firmware and Phoscon-version. Before the update the firmware was the same as it is now (newest version). But the phoscon version seem not to be updated. Do if have to run some other update here or did the update fail?

Same with my conbee II.
I guess 2.22.02 is latest stable version?

v2.23.1 should be the latest stable when you tried, currently it is v2.24.2. Anyone gave it a go using HassIO?

They reverted to 2.22.2 with the latest add-on package. So for hassio this is the latest version at the moment

Changelog
Revert deCONZ to 2.22.2 due to a Phoscon bug: Phoscon.de/pwa/login.html does not work anymore - Bug reports - deCONZ Community
Bump deCONZ to 2.23.1

I have a raspbee II

When I open Settings → Add ons → DeConz

It tells me “You have 6.10.0 installed. Click update to update to version 6.22.0”

And then there is an update button.

Is it safe to use this update button to get the latest FW installed?

Thanks!

Hi, Been spending som hours trying to sort things out.
I’m running a Conbee II on Hassio and tried to update the FW using the methods described above but the very first command fails. I get a message that docker is not a command or something like that.

I finally unplugged the Conbee II and put it in my win10 computer and used GFCFFlasher and i got the latest FW, 26780700.
But the deConz version is still 2.22.02 and the Phoscon version still 2022-09-19.

I’ve not been able to ind info on how to update those.
Where do I find how to do these updates?

same here. Did an update to 2.22.02 and cannot upgrade to a more recent version. On Releases · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub the latest stable version is v2.24.3.
Hope somebody can help, because with the current version, Phoscon does not recognize my new Ikea Parasoll contact sensors :frowning:

I don’t think one can update the HA deConz add-on by themselves. You have to either wait till it’s updated, participate in the add-on support or install the software on another device (a Raspberry Pi for example) and use the Conbee through that system.

I believe they are People that run the Conbee on a separate device and have HomeAssistant send instructions through it, but I have no experience in that setup. Anyway, if you run it outside HomeAssistant, you have direct control over the deConz software version.

The deCONZ Add-In update 6.23.0 bumped the Phoscon version from 2.22.02 to 2.25.3 :partying_face:. The firmware version of my ConBee II is still 26780700.